Engine Battery Charging problem

k11ngy

Got lost in the forum slightly (Newbie) but I was reading a thread started by Mel B and I am having problems also with Chausson 79Eb. I had brand new battery fitted and 2 days later its DEAD. When it was actually fully charged the 1 x red light appeared and control panel had flashing engine low battery. I plugged in hook up and no green light to state hook up on so I flicked the single switch in fuse compartment and hook up light appeared. Whether this has anything to do with NEW battery going flat I am unsure. In fuse compartment there looks like a reset blue button? a single switch and a double switch and really not sure if they should be up down or ??? getting very frustrated with this. Also I see mentioned hidden fuses. Where are these on the Chausson as I can see 2 white boxes (One with switches and one with fuses) and then just a black charge unit?

Really need advice if anyone can help?

Thanks

Steve

k11ngy - 2016-03-06 4:36 PM

Got lost in the forum slightly (Newbie) but I was reading a thread started by Mel B and I am having problems also with Chausson 79Eb. I had brand new battery fitted and 2 days later its DEAD. When it was actually fully charged the 1 x red light appeared and control panel had flashing engine low battery. I plugged in hook up and no green light to state hook up on so I flicked the single switch in fuse compartment and hook up light appeared. Whether this has anything to do with NEW battery going flat I am unsure. In fuse compartment there looks like a reset blue button? a single switch and a double switch and really not sure if they should be up down or ??? getting very frustrated with this. Also I see mentioned hidden fuses. Where are these on the Chausson as I can see 2 white boxes (One with switches and one with fuses) and then just a black charge unit?

Really need advice if anyone can help?

Thanks

Steve

Ps: Is my NEW battery being drained by the habitat and I am unaware due to problem with switches or fuses?

The switches should be Up for 'On'.

Are you sure the battery is dead? Have you checked the voltage or are you assuming this because it won't start the engine?

About 20% of 'Dead' starter batteries we see are often the well documented Earth strap issue.

The display may not be able to pick up the true Starter battery voltage if an earth fault exists. It could be a lot higher than the display is showing.

Archived