motorhome fridge

Rod63

I'm assumeding you are hooked up to the mains, or you won't get 240v.

The 12v will be coming from your leisure battery so check any fuses around there, or even that your 12v is switched on.

(Sorry if this sounds condescending, but new motorhomers often need a basic training course)

Billggski - 2016-03-06 7:27 PM..........................The 12v will be coming from your leisure battery so check any fuses around there, or even that your 12v is switched on......................

It is often a bit more complicated than this. The 12V supply for the fridge controls and the internal light are from the leisure battery, but the 12V power to run the fridge cooling circuit is actually from the starter battery, and only available when the engine is running.

I think this particular fridge is an AES model. (Is it?)

It would be useful to understand under what circumstances the OP doesn't get any 12V or 240V power to the fridge (and whether gas is working).

What position is the energy selection switch turned to at each point of testing, and is the vehicle on hook-up (with other 240V units working) when the 240V is tested, and is the engine running when the 12V is tested?

Rather too little information to go on without this.

Thanks for the suggestions so far. My motorhome is a Burstner Solano T710 2007 model. The fridge is a Dometic. I have checked the fuses on the vehicle battery and leisure batteries and they all seem fine. I have since discovered that the ignition spark does not work on the oven either so is this the same supply???

Rod, it'll help us to help you, if you can look back at the various questions that have been asked, and answer each in turn. They are all relevant to trying to work out what may be going on.

It is worth bearing mind that your fridge controls run at 12V (from the leisure battery), including the thermostat (no stat, no 240V cooling either), and that the gas uses 12V for ignition.

That the oven spark ignition doesn't work either tends to point to a lack of 12V power.

I assume the lights in the van all work OK? If not, is the main 12V power switch in the on position? Simple things first! :-D

Archived