Ford Transit cab blinds

twiggytim45

Hi,

I am awaiting delivery of a rollerteam 696 on a ford transit, but without rain senors, but a reversing camera attached to the rear view mirror and being told that the blinds are not available for this either?

But no-one seems to be able to confirm if this is correct or not.

Tim

Welcome to the Out&AboutLive forums, Tim.

You will have read the information in the discussion you posted the same comment to

http://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/Cab-blinds-Ford-Transit/40603/#M489758

Plainly, if there is anything that obstructs the blinds REMIS markets for the latest Ford Transit, those blinds will be unsuitable. If the dealer who will be supplying your RollerTeam motorhome tells you that blinds cannot be fitted (despite there being no sensors on the windscreen) because you’ll have a reversing-camera monitor on the mirror, it’s reasonable to think that’s correct.

I’m not sure what you can realistically do if you think the dealer is wrong, unless there’s an owner of a new Ford Transit that can confirm that the Remis windscreen blinds can be fitted together with an on-mirror monitor.

(I can’t think off-hand why an on-mirror monitor should be significant, but I’m not very familiar with the latest Transit and I don’t know what’s involved with adding your monitor.)

Tim

As you can see from the link I have had a similar problem but in my case I was told that the obstruction was caused by part of the upgraded radio which was attached to the glass behind the rear view mirror. I still haven't seen a transit cab with this obstruction so can't be 100% certain the story is correct.

In my case Chausson have allegedly refused to deduct the value of the blinds from the total purchase price as all their documentation is non contractual and they reserve the right to make changes without notice.

Fortunately the dealer I am buying from has helped in this respect.

Chris

My understanding (and I may well be wrong about this) is that Ford Transit-based Chaussons in “Flash” specification had Remis cab-blinds as an option (around £400) while “Welcome” versions had the blinds as standard.

In principle then, if a buyer of a “Flash” Chausson had opted for blinds and these could not be provided, the cost of the option should be refunded. But if the motorhome was a “Welcome” model, as the blinds were included in the standard specification and Chausson reserved the right to alter this, Chausson need not provide a refund.

There is the possiblity that Ford has made changes to the cab area for the most recent Transits that now prevent Remis blinds from being fitted.

Not many new motorhomes are Transit-based, but it might be worth Chris and Tim contacting converters other than Chausson and RollerTeam (RS Motoromes, Murvi, Devon) to see if they can shed more light on the issue.

• 1 month later...

Archived