TV Aerials.

DavidBrown

Hi.

Just wondering what you guys recommend or use in the way of tv aerials. we have an actex tv and I recently bought one of there small in door aerials (the one that is no bigger then a ruler) and it's useless so it's going back. But we definitely want a removable aerial we where thinking this one

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B006TASLYW/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1458127108&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=avtex+aerial&dpPl=1&dpID=31IkVwmoRPL&ref=plSrch

I assume you've tuned in the Avtex TV? Why not try it on your home TV aerial first to make sure it's working OK.

With a portable aerial you probably need to point it at the nearest transmitter to get best results. A search of the internet should give you the location of all the transmitters in your area of interest.

You dont say whether your Avtex is fitted with Freeview or Freesat Tv but I assume you must be aware of which. Certainly try it by connecting to your home aerial as a start, and that should give you the signal and stations available initially.

We have a Cello TV (similar to the Avtex specs) and that has Freeview, but we also have Freeview HD box we use with it for the better quality HD channels, and also in France this give us access to the many programmes there which are only on HD.

Our aerial is a 'fitted' one (ie through the roof) and rises to a couple of feet, is directional, and also can be used as vertical or horizontal signal. WE find this works very well in most places, but as with any TV aerial there are some places where this is simply not enough, and you really need a standard UK digital external house style one. If that's the case, we don't worry ab out watching TV! IF in UK and have wifi, you can of course use that on a computer if you really have to have the TV!

If what you've got is one of their own aerials you do need to go into the tv settings and turn the power on to the aerial. I've done this for a couple of users and it's amazing how well an aerial that looks like it's made of two coat hangers works. If you've not got one of those then get one turn the aerial power on and you'll have a removable aerial that will solve your problem. One more thing it's designed to be mounted outside not inside. With digital their aerial does not seem to be sensitive to direction.

DavidBrown - 2016-03-16 11:20 AM

Hi.

Just wondering what you guys recommend or use in the way of tv aerials. we have an avtex tv and I recently bought one of there small in door aerials (the one that is no bigger then a ruler) and it's useless so it's going back. But we definitely want a removable aerial we where thinking this one

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B006TASLYW/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1458127108&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=avtex+aerial&dpPl=1&dpID=31IkVwmoRPL&ref=plSrch

As you have an Avtex tv the that aerial which is also made by Avtex is absolutely brilliant. I have one for my Avtex tv and it pulls in loads of signals giving crystal sharp picture quality. You don't even need to stick it outside either, i use mine inside the van.

I suggest you go thorough your manual and look at tuning in your tv!!

Hi David If you have a smart phone there is an app called "Antenna Align" that is brilliant at finding the nearest transmitter. I use it all the time.

We have a brilliant mobile aerial from a company called Antiference (I think they are long gone) but we usually just place it on the dashboard and get a brilliant picture.

We have a status aerial on this motorhome and an Avtex TV.

Archived