Motorhome reviews page

Barryd999

Hi Everyone

Does anyone on here know how to work the Motorhome Reviews search?

I used it a while ago and it was quite useful but I cannot seem to get it to find anything now.

Using this page. https://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/motorhomes/buyers-guide/motorhomes/index?manufacturerId=897825&rangeId=&classId=129&ModelYear=&Type=4276

What I would like to do is compare some Bessacarrs, Swift Kontiki and Autotrail Apache models

I have quite specific requirements

Must have a rear lounge and front dinette

Must have a good size luton

Must have a very good payload with enough spare on the back for a rack and scooter.

Really would like it on an Alko Chassis with short overhang like the Kontiki.

Basically a replacement for what we have now which is a Kontiki 640.

I looked at an Apache 700se the other day at the Harrogate show and it ticked most of the boxes and being on a 4250kg chassis it had an 800kg payload but it wasnt on the Alko chassis.

There are so many models and chassis with differing payloads I need to narrow the choices down as much as possible so when I start looking I know exactly which models I need to concentrate on.

Thanks

Barry, you don't seem to have had that many replies so far, so will bump.

Perhaps Duncan (site admin) may be able to help re the search facility.

Hope you soon find a suitable replacement for "Hank the Tank" but try not to break the new van, haha !!!

I seem to be able to use the Buyers Database, but I don’t know what its scope is supposed to be.

For me, the Search facility will retrieve a list of motohomes based on criteria chosen from the search-fields (Manufacturer, Range, Model Year, etc.) but I don’t know what the “Compare Models” feature should be able to do.

I can use “Compare Models” to display data on one of the entries retrieved by the Search, but seemingly not several (though it has to be said I haven’t tried too hard!) which I guess is what a ‘comparison’ should be able to do.

It also worth adding that I’m using a Mac computer and Safari as the search-engine, and my experience is that’s there’s not always a happy marriage between that combination of hardware/software and the Out&AboutLive website. So something that might not work perfectly for me may be fine if a Windows-based PC and, say, Chrome or Firefox is being used.

Thanks Chaps. I seem to have got it working in IE but not Firefox. Pressed the reset button in Firefox and nothing happened. Did the same in IE and it took a while but when I put in Bessacarr and nothing else it worked. Might be my Firefox which has been acting funny lately anyway.

Cheers. Its a very good resource so Im glad its working. Thanks again. :D

Derek Uzzell - 2016-03-24 8:53 AM

The database has 10595 records, equating to 530 ‘pages'.

Did you press the “Reset” button before searching?

Pressed the reset button and lots of choices, so chose the 1st on the list, an Ace Airstream low profile year 2007 2 berth, 2 belts and put into search. Nothing came back.. Am I doing it wrong?

Caddies104 - 2016-03-24 12:58 PM

Pressed the reset button and lots of choices, so chose the 1st on the list, an Ace Airstream low profile year 2007 2 berth, 2 belts and put into search. Nothing came back.. Am I doing it wrong?

Works for me - 4 results found.

Caddies104 - 2016-03-24 12:58 PM

It seems a bit hit and miss. I got it working in Internet Explorer but not Firefox but then this morning it worked in Firefox but then didnt again later. Odd.

Archived