tyre pressures

tonyg3nwl

As a guess, you probably only require 50psi front and 60 rear.

Only, way is to weigh axles individually when fully loaded and take advice from tyre manufacturers. Continental will give you info for front and rear. Michelin will give you front pressure but have a default 80psi for rear.

Must be a really bone shaking ride with those pressures

Mine are 52 psi front and 63 psi rear

Figures are based on the following calculations -

Fully loaded axle weight plus 10% for safety divided by 2 to give actual tyre loading

Calculate percentage of manufacturers maximum tyre loading ( actual load / maximum load) x 100

Apply this percentage to manufacturers maximum tyre pressure to obtain pressure for actual load

Calculations checked against manufacturers figures ,where available, but give a more tailored result

Been using this method for years without problem

Hope this is of some use

Patrick

Robbo - 2016-03-23 7:23 PM

Only, way is to weigh axles individually when fully loaded and take advice from tyre manufacturers.

I'd second this!

Our MH has three stickers, all in different places, all with different suggested PSI values, which turn differ from the Fiat base handbook which in turn the differs from the Swift handbook.

What the...?!

Craziness 8-)

You can also download the Tyre Safe organisation Motorhome Tyre leaflet from the link given here... Link.

Load versus pressure tables are given on Page 5 for both C and CP rated tyres.

As above, get accurate axle weights and calculate your pressures. I have found the figures given are almost exactly the same as those quoted by Continental for my tyre size.

Keith.

Archived