Mileage light flashing constantly

Lulu

Hello, l wonder if any one can help, we picked up our new van yesterday, Swift Kontiki 679, we drove 300 miles home and the mileage light on the dash was constantly flashing , we have tried to find a reason for this in the manuals / on line, although it appears to be a common problem on fiat cars, we have been unable to find a solution. If anyone has experienced this problem or knows anything about it l would appreciate any advice. Thank you.

This MHFun discussion relates to the odometer flashing on a Peugeot Boxer-based motorhome

http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/flashing-odometer.93969/

and the consensus seems to be that a visit to an agent for the base-vehicle’s manufacturer (in your case Fiat) is likely to be needed.

You could try disconnecting the starter-battery and not reconnecting it for a while (say a couple of hours) or the problem might just go away on its own after the motorhome has been started, been driven and stopped a few times. But assuming your motorhome is under warranty, you should really take this up with the vendor as soon as practicable.

Hi

It looks like your vendor is 300 miles away soooooooo I would suggest contacting a local FiAT dealer.

I have had to do this on a couple of occasions for minor problems ( my dealer is 130 miles away from me) and I have always found them very helpful, fixing problems under the base vehicle warranty.

Good luck

Peter

You would be better going to a Fiat Professional service centre which is more convenient. Go on the Fiat Camper website and search - register your van o the site whilst you are at it - if you can. Or look in the service manual for Fiat Camper Assistance.

When booking in, ask whether they need sight of your V5 registration certificate because they may need this evidence to log you on to the Fiat database.

Archived