Hello From Northumberland

Higgy

Just joined the forum, we are in the process of looking for a Motorhome, our last one was a

Talbot Express but it had to go prior to our move to NZ.

We are back in the UK and are searching the Ads, Ebay, Preloved, Gumtree etc.etc.

The scammers are everywhere on these sites, we have made contact with quite a few only to find

out you cannot view the MH due them working in Scotland.

When we quiz them the listing gets taken off only to re-appear days later at a different location with

a new Ebay Seller, same van, same vrm. A Jurgen MH has been on and off 4 times with varying prices

and all at different selling locations.

One today on Ebay was a fraud as when we contacted the person by email he knew nothing about the sale.

There seems to be a pattern, out of the way places, low price, ebay sellers have previously changed

their user names. Livingstone, Hawick, Fife Largs, Saltcoats and one near to us South Shields.

You cannot easily get through to Ebay Customer Services, probably as it would cause them work without

getting any money.

Has anyone else noticed these scammers ?

Our search continues.

Sure, it's common knowledge. The one thing they have in common is the van is always way below market value, that's how they snare you. There's no point in running to eBay customer services theres nowt they can do as the scammer just disappears then reappears under a different name.

First thing to check is see what feedback they have. If it's a low number click and look at the item, often i s a few low value items done just to build credibility. Then email, then ring. If you start getting a stupid story it's my uncle's he died it's for a neighbour he hasn't got internet blah blah blah, just walk away.

Get the reg number, do an HPI check.

Plenty of genuine vans on eBay etc, you just have to keep your brain engaged.

Here is a typical one on Ebay.

It was on for a while then suddenly taken off, as you said low price is one of the pointers to a scam.

I hope the listing number works.

Try this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Swift-Lifestyle-630L-6-Berth-Fiat-Motorhome-/222063811204?ru=http%3A+www.ebay.co.uk%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_sacat%3D0%26_nkw%3D222063811204%26_rdc%3D1&nma=true&si=xfWtqkTQRa%252Fcnnt22pNjPypOwGY%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Hi I'm selling a motorhome on Autotrader, this is my most recent offer, on a £38k van.

Great! please consider it sold and i want you to remove the advert as i am willing to pay your full asking price because i need to buy it for my cousin asap, i have read through the advert and i'm totally satisfied with it. Unfortunately i would not be able to come personally to collect due to my hearing loss and I'm just recovering from heart surgery so I'm home-bound,

I have a courier agent that would help me to pick it up at your preferred location after you have received your money and i'll pay you via PayPal once you are ready.

Kindly get back to me with your location so that i can inform the courier agent about it now?

I would love to buy your MH however I have been following the below mentioned one, it has travelled all over the Uk and in recent weeks has had 5 different sellers.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191838098784?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

It has been been for sale at £6200 and later £16k and now the above price

Should I Stick or Twist ? roflmao

Archived