Fridge and oven problems!!

carroll

Hello all.
I have something wrong with my fridge and oven.. 
I don't have 12v, gas or electric power to fridge and oven.
I realise this might just be a fuse, but I can't find it.. 
Gas, electric and 12v work in rest of motorhome..
I have a Burstner Avanio i684 2007.
Thanks Carrol. 

Aviano A-class models are pretty complex beasts...

It’s possible to download some Aviano manuals from the Burstner website

http://tinyurl.com/hoxoua4

but seemingly not one specifically for the 2007 model-year.

The 2005 manual suggests that most of the fuses will be on the transformer/rectifier unit, but I guess you’ve already checked those.

I seem to have followed the same track as Derek.

The fridge requires a permanent 12 volt supply for the control, gas valves and ignition.

The oven requires a 12 volt supply for ignition and the oven light.

I have not managed to find these supplies on page 87 of the manual.

It may be that an additional fuse may have been tapped in to provide this supply.

Am I correct in thinking that the fridge is located under the oven?

If so, it would seem probable that the same supply has been used for both appliances.

As well as a fuse you should also consider the possibility of a faulty common negative connection.

To take this a bit further, has any work such as a habitation service been carried out on the vehicle recently?

Access to the rear of the fridge could have disturbed any electrical connections there.

The terminal block for Dometic fridges is in a rather inaccessible position, on top behind the front panel.

However on my vehicle the connections are extended to the bottom rear of the fridge, and because the type and colour of the cables used, I think that this may have been done by Dometic.

Any cables at the bottom rear of the fridge may be inspected by removing the lower fridge vent. What we are looking for is a black? sheathed cable with violet (12V +ve) and black (-ve) cores, coming from the top of the fridge. If this cable is present check that it is connected to the vehicle wiring. The oven connections may also be in this area. Do not attempt to reconnect unless the correct polarity is assured.

DO BE AWARE THAT THE FRIDGE 230V MAINS SUPPLY WIRING MAY BE IN THIS AREA. A SENSIBLE PRECAUTION WOULD BE TO DISCONNECT FROM EHU.

Hello,

Thanks to everyone who answered, it wasn't a fuse after all,
I took motorhome to Becks  motorhomes who are local to me.
They said it's the box behind the fridge unit, they are not sure if it's faulty in some way or will need replacing, they will be looking at it sometime today for me.
Thanks for all your comments.. 

Carrol 

Archived