STATUS 330 OMNIDIRECTIONAL AERIAL

lizken

Guest pelmetman

Mine seems to do OK :-S ........even picks up local telly when in France and Spain ;-) ..........

pelmetman - 2016-04-01 6:01 PM

Mine seems to do OK :-S ........even picks up local telly when in France and Spain ;-) ..........

That's the coathanger on your offside wing, not the Status. 8-)

We never even bothered trying after reading comments about them and it was the first thing I removed when we bought our MH.

We now use a Status IMAGE 420 mounted on a pole off the bike rack and great results. http://www.visionplus.co.uk/shop/image-420-uhf-antenna-uk-digital-and-analogue-reception-.html

Have a read of recent threads by searching for "Aerials" in the search box above.

Keith.

now when we picked our van up in may (2015 autoquest 115 sunseeker) elddis had fitted a whip type aerial omnidirectional, I thought, that will never work, but it does only a couple of places so far it has failed, and reception must be poor as they had aerial hook up points, even on one of them we had a good signal.

Pete

as previously stated - Daly, in a word!

On your present MH we have the directional version fitted, and recently had to replace this and had the new digital version fitted. That is excellent, and picks up pretty much everywhere in Uk- even when CC site info say bad reception.

It also picks up digital French TV - but interestingly we find over there HDTV is necessary as that seems to be what is on the digital system. You can also quite often find that you will get an English/American soundtrack on French HDTV!

as previously stated - Daly, in a word!

On your present MH we have the directional version fitted, and recently had to replace this and had the new digital version fitted. That is excellent, and picks up pretty much everywhere in Uk- even when CC site info say bad reception.

It also picks up digital French TV - but interestingly we find over there HDTV is necessary as that seems to be what is on the digital system. You can also quite often find that you will get an English/American soundtrack on French HDTV!

I used to design professional aerials (antennas) for a living. There is an antenna designer joke that an omnidirectional aerial is one that works equally badly in all directions !

Undoubtedly there will be some situations where they will give satisfactory results, but by and large they are a source of frustration that most people would rather do without.

Our MH now has no aerial or TV, we just read the paper or watch a DVD on the laptop.

Archived