Old motorhome seat cushions?

michaelmorris

Being an amateur astronomer, I sometimes take our Elddis Autoquest 200 motorhome away on my own for a few nights imaging the night sky. I sometimes have a computer running on the table controlling the scope and cameras whilst I get a few hours shut eye. To achieve this I sleep across the end of the van, rather than make up the full bed.

Unfortunately the seat across the back is a little narrow. It strikes me that if I get a spare second end seat cushion I could double the width of my makeshift bed. Can anyone suggest where I might get hold of one of these?

Thanks

pelmetman - 2016-04-02 7:50 PM

Wont a bit of foam cut to size do the job? :-S ...........

In theory, yes. However, my guess is that unless the foam is pretty much exactly the same density as the existing cushion, I'm going to have a very uncomfortable night (and waste money on quite a large bit of foam to boot.)

Have you thought of a single mattress ?

An interesting pastime, Many years ago I had a distant relative who ground his own lens's and had a scope in the garden. I only visited him once but did join Patrick Moore at night school in East Grinstead. After a few weeks although interesting it was all mathematics and I failed to cope. He was a very thin man then !

Will

Guest pelmetman
michaelmorris - 2016-04-02 7:55 PM

pelmetman - 2016-04-02 7:50 PM

Wont a bit of foam cut to size do the job? :-S ...........

In theory, yes. However, my guess is that unless the foam is pretty much exactly the same density as the existing cushion, I'm going to have a very uncomfortable night (and waste money on quite a large bit of foam to boot.)

The range of foams available is not that huge, besides even seats made from the same foam will have deteriorated differently depending on how much use they've had ;-) ........

So I'd take a cushion to a local foam supplier/upholsterer and try the butt test :D .........

Archived