garage floor in m/h rotten

george1954

hi everyone, i have a burstner t615 year 05, the garage floor is rotten all along the rear of the m/h about 12 inches, mostly on the o/side not caused by a leak as the shower/toilet is on the n/side, is this a common problem, i was not aware that the floor was just s sheet of wood,it looks like the fixed bed and the shower will have to be removed to repair it, can anyone recommend a good coach builder or a repair garage, i live in kent willing to travel, hope someone can help.thanks george. :-(

Hi, sorry to hear about your problem

a considerable number of years ago when I had similar problem in bathroom in house, I was informed the Rentokil might have been able to offer something to inject into rotten wood to solidify it .

it just might be worth investigating whether there is somthing like that available today.

I am thinking along the lines of treatment used to repair delaminating caravan floors. A chemical 2 part mix which sets resin hard.. we did that sort of repair on a previous caravan quit successfully

not quite the same problem, but worth checking out ???

Tonyg3nwl

Check the drainage behind and underneath the side skirts. A terrible Burstner design fault which they refuse to recognise. Water runs down the motorhome side and behind the skirt, it should drain out but the holes get clogged or have been coated in sealant by some ham fisted Burstner employee.

I have an A 747 which has had partial garage floor replacement and now is in the process of replacing the wooden sub frame down each side. Don't wish to be a harbinger of doom, but get underneath with a small sharp screwdriver and check the integrity of the wood close to the edges.

Hope this is helpful and don't hesitate to contact me if you have any further questions.

I remember an article some years ago, where the guy removed all of the top floor, then replaced all the cross timbers. He then replaced the top floor. Afterwards went under the van and replace the bottom floor. I've seen something similar on 'UTUBE' done by the Americans.

Archived