nice france

rockcar

Hi we are heading that way in May, looking to stay at Camping de l'hippodrome in Cagnes-sur mer. Don't know what the campsite is like but it's about 12 miles from the center of Nice. We will stay there a few nights and take a day trip on the train into Monaco.

Regards David

a few years ago when we were in that area, we stayed at a site at Cannes le Bocca. Exc location, and you could catch a bus or -as we did- walk into Cannes itself (along the sea front), and then catch a bus into Nice - I think it cost 1 Euro at the time and took about an hour.

We are also heading down to Sth France in June. Have not been for some years, as we usually go to Spain , but short of time this year, so will stay in France. May see some of you around. We will still go to Spain (a lot cheaper than France) end of August for a longer stay

About to start planning from ACSI sites where to stay

PJay

rockcar - 2016-04-04 6:00 PM

heading to south of france in june ,cant seem to find a campsite for motorhomes near Nice.Any ideas would be ap preciated. thanks

searchforsites web site lists approx 18 campsites close to nice so just go to searchforsites.co.uk then use as a guest but good site to bookmark.

Im trying to finish a PDF guide book to the Cote D'Azur a bit similar to the Pyrenees one I published earlier last year. We spent 8 weeks along that coast last summer. Ill post it on here when its finished.

Its mainly aimed at people with secondary transport as most of the places we stayed were inland away from the hustle and bustle. What we did find was that the further east you go towards Nice and beyond to Monaco, the harder it was to find acceptable and nice places to stay and Aires were very thin on the ground, expensive and grotty (if they existed).

For Nice we stayed here. Le Vallon Rouge (ACSI Campsite) La Colle Sur Loup. Price in 2015 €14.

GPS: 43.68458, 7.07325. A few miles inland but we used the bike to get into Nice and Monaco.

Be prepared if using the motorhome for some pretty heavy traffic even in June I suspect. We were there early September and it was still extremely busy. Took me over an hour to get through Nice at rush hour one day and that was on the scooter.

In my Opinion the best part of the Cote D'Azur was westwards from St Tropez to Cassis. Monaco was pretty awful but the Corniche roads of which there are three between Nice and Monaco are stunning, especially the higher one.

Archived