old magazines

chris

Hello,

Has anyone had success in selling old magazines. I have finally had a turf out and have 50 plus "Which motorehome" dated from 2002 and 82 of the now discontinued "Motocaravan Magazine" 2002-2010. 80 plus copies.

Will keep all my MMM and Practical Motorehome at the moment. 2002 onwards. Good job I have a shelved cupboard under the stairs .

chris

None at all. I'm afraid in 99.9% of cases you are looking at binning them, giving them away (if you can find anyone prepared to take them!), or keeping them.

I tried selling years of "Motor Sport" magazines and also "National Geographic" both of which were expensive magazines to subscribe to and i thought would be of interest to someone. I couldn't even give them away so ended up having to bin them. It isn't worth trying to ebay magazines either as they cost more in p&p than what you might sell for.

Hi Chris, in this neck of the woods often old magazines finish up in the caravan park laundries. Very good to have a magazine to read while you are waiting for the wash to finish. The pile of reading matter is also often used as a library to read and return before you depart the site. Cheers,

Bulletguy - 2016-04-07 7:07 PM

I tried selling years of "Motor Sport" magazines ...........I couldn't even give them away so ended up having to bin them.[/quote

I found exactly the same, so decided to save just a few really important ones.

I had full years from about 1964 to 1988 I think, so some significant races and characters between the pages. I saved about two binders full, maybe 24, and have looked at them maybe a couple of times since.

It's a shame. I think I've dumped them now.

I imagine there are enthusiasts out there for almost everything; but finding them is going to be really difficult; set yourself a deadline and then cut your losses,

regards

alan b

As technology advances, the articles in old mags becomes obsolete , as well. I used to cut out all the campsite recommendations and keep in a folder. filed under country, or with Uk under county.but even these begin to take up space.

PJay

I used to save mine but realised that I never looked at them twice so now I take them to the doctors or give them away when I do the occasional car boot in the van, it is surprising how often you get offered a tenner for the van. lol

When left in the doctors they are never there when you go in a few weeks latter.

Pete

Thanks everyone. I also think it might be time for me to go digital with MmM. Always been against it but I have more and more unread new magazines that are being read very late and also I could just print an article rather than scan it. Will look into that next now. Chris

Archived