Identification of keys.

BML

I have six different keys to my motor caravan gas cupboard and the like. I bought some devices that were supposed to slip over the top of each key but when I tried them out they only fitted normal Yale keys whereas my keys have a thick black bit on the top. Has anyone come across a cover that slips over the top of such keys.

Whenever I have two or more keys that look the same I just cut a small notch (or two) in the top to differentiate between them.

The loo and water filller keys that would I need most regularly would be on one key ring and all the others that see less use would be on another key ring, both hanging on their hooks just inside the hab door.

Simples!

I have a selection of different coloured electrical insulating tape, which I use for cable marking, rather than for insulation. I stuck small pieces of selected colours to scrap pieces of the paper that self adhesive labels are supplied on. I was then able to cut out and transfer, small circular segments to fit the keys and to attach to the appropriate door/cap. Yellow for gas, blue for water, cassette left black, and green for boot. (The van is opal green.)

Archived