2 berth with separate shower cubicle

SWCP Walkers

Hi there

We are looking to buy our first MH and from our research so far have decided we would really like a separate shower cubicle. We only need a 2 berth and would like it to be as small as possible, preferably around 6m length for storage purposes and also as we will be driving it down narrow roads in Cornwall.

We are hoping to spend around £25K to £35K, so any suggestions on models which would suit us would be much appreciated. We're not bothered about having a separate bed, quite happy to make it each night.

Many thanks. ;-)

There are loads of 6m models, quite a few 5.4m models and I believe a few 5m models with separate shower/toilet. My suggestion would be to go to somewhere like Peterborough show and have a look at the different models and layouts, then if your still not quite sure rent a van.

Hi

We have a Ace modena novella which is 2 berth with separate shower bay. It is 6.15m long 2.21m wide and 2.95m height. It has a fixed bed.

We live in Devon down some narrow lanes we also holiday in Cornwall and don't find the narrow lanes to difficult with this size of motorhome.

Hi

We also live in Devon visit Cornwall a lot, and walk the coast path. Use very small lanes! Current van a Rapido V55 previous was an Autocruise Alto. Local south West dealers have most of the bases covered so do not need to travel far to get warranty work done.

Bear in mind that there are clever space-saving alternatives to a completely separate shower cubicle, which gobbles up a lot of valuable space.

For example our motorhome has a swing-wall bathroom design, so that when you want a shower you swing the washbasin-bearing wall out over the toilet so that it forms a decent-sized proper 4 walled shower cubicle, using space which is otherwise where you stand to use the washbasin and where your feet are parked while you are on the loo.

The more space you can use for more than one purpose in a motorhome the better.

"using space which is otherwise where you stand to use the washbasin and where your feet are parked while you are on the loo."

But the reason some of us prefer a separate shower cubicle is so the next user doesn't have to paddle in a wet shower tray. How much of an inconvenience this is depends upon how much you intend to use the van shower - in our case that is every day while away. I don't like using communal showers on sites, so use the van shower when site facilities are available & we seem to spend more nights on stellplaetze or CLs without facilities than on full-service sites these days.

When looking for a van, wet rooms are an automatic discounting factor for us - fancy swing walls or not - though I appreciate that not everyone feels this way !

If the OP's budget allows, have a look at at Pilote G600L A class - fantastic end washroom, good kitchen & living area with a roomy drop drown bed, all in a 6 metre package.

Nigel B

Autotrail Tracker would fit your requirements but it would have to be an older one to fit your budget. What I have heard about new motorhomes I don't think I would want to pay the extra just to have a bright shiny new van.

Ours is an 04 Reg and causes us very few problems and it is not desperately important when it get brushed by those high hedges in Devon nd Cornwall as it did last year.

If you can get hold of this months Caravan Club Magazine this years Motorhome design completion winners are in it.

We have a 2007 Auto-Trail Tracker EKS at 6.26m. We wanted a Tracker but when we started looking we realised from years 2005 and 2006 the length was 5.85m but the payload was good, then in 2007/8 it went up to 6.26 for the EKS, the EK of that year was 5.79m but because we wanted the longer settees we went for the EKS. From 2009 to 2010 they were 6.26m but the payload was reduced dramatically. Then in 2011 they went to 6.39m with a measly payload of 285kgs. Haven't looked into later models as we found the one we were looking for. Hope you find what you are looking for.

PVC wise, Tribute 650, Rapido V55, Campereve 643, Dreamer D55

Second hand prices for the former should be very keen, while new prices for the latter are at the top end of your budget.

http://www.dreamer-van.co.uk/fourgon-dreamer-d55.php

Also adria and globecar make PVC models with separate shower cubicles formed in the corridor, while Auto sleepers has a couple of sep shower van conversions - but they will be expensive, and AS always have underslung fresh tanks roughly the size of a thimble!

Coachbuilt wise, look at the Tribute coachbuilt range, Rapido 600FF, Benimar Mileo 201,202,231. Second hand models of these will be at the top end of your budget.

Keep an eye on the user payload - for some vans its frankly ridiculous!

Nigel

Archived