I don't believe it.

Archiesgrandad

Oh, the joys of WiFi !

Still, not a lot on TV tonight so keep typing.

If I am doing a long post I usually write it first in Word then copy and paste it into the Forum thtread - at least then if there is an issue, Word usually saves a draft and you can recover it. Doesn't help you I know, but next time ....

Alan

Archiesgrandad - 2016-04-15 5:10 PM

I've just spent 45 minutes writing a joyous note to tell you about progress in registering our van in France.When I pressed the preview button the wifi tripped out and I've lost the lot.I'll try again later.

AGD

One of the pitfalls of living in France. The electric. Probably the wife put the kettle on!! Hopefully you mat still find it in your box ??

PJay

AlanS - 2016-04-15 9:17 PM.....If I am doing a long post I usually write it first in Word then copy and paste it....

I've learned the hard way to resort to that if I'm doing anything more than a brief post.  Sometimes big chunks of text vanish inexplicably when I try to compose directly into the Forum - not sure whether it's me at this end or gremlins at the other but at least in Word there is an "undo" button which recovers what's been lost.

PJay - 2016-04-15 10:54 PM

One of the pitfalls of living in France. The electric. Probably the wife put the kettle on!! Hopefully you mat still find it in your box ??

PJay

I feel this is an outdated view. The quality of French electrics has improved over the last 20 years. ERDF -French distribution network has spent a lot upgrading the network.

We have had a reliable supply over the last 13 years.

PJay - 2016-04-15 10:54 PM

PJay

I feel this is an outdated view. The quality of French electrics has improved over the last 20 years. ERDF -French distribution network has spent a lot upgrading the network.

We have had a reliable supply over the last 13 years.

Archived