Cassoa site

Pete-B

Cassoa site  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What do other people pay to store their vans? I'm moving into a fairly new local Cassoa Gold site on the 1st May it cost me £260 for 12 months. The site has a designated wash area and power is available if you need to use a power wash or vacuum. There's a state of the heart cctv plus alarm system and rodent control in operation and the owner lives on site. Access is by electronic gates with your own fob during daylight hours throughout the year. There's a huge modern building on site for internal storage at a cost of £360 per year (there's a waiting list at the moment for this).

Just wondered how this compares with other equivalent sites elsewhere?

Pete-B - 2016-04-16 7:51 PM

What do other people pay to store their vans? I'm moving into a fairly new local Cassoa Gold site on the 1st May it cost me £260 for 12 months. The site has a designated wash area and power is available if you need to use a power wash or vacuum. There's a state of the heart cctv plus alarm system and rodent control in operation and the owner lives on site. Access is by electronic gates with your own fob during daylight hours throughout the year. There's a huge modern building on site for internal storage at a cost of £360 per year (there's a waiting list at the moment for this).

That is very cheap. We pay over £700.,per year, Sites are hard to find in this area

PJay

I have to admit the figures quoted by the OP seem remarkably cheap. A range of £400 - £600 seems to be the norm in most parts of the country, and I do wonder whether the figures quoted cover all the various costs that a CASSOA site owner really needs to mett, if he/she is to be successful.

PJay - 2016-04-16 11:57 PM

Pete-B - 2016-04-16 7:51 PM

That is very cheap. We pay over £700.,per year, Sites are hard to find in this area

PJay

Forgot to say, our site was Cassoa Gold, It has come out now. There is very good security, and several small workshops on site,(think is why he left cassoa)and always staff about.Price started at £600.10 years ago. After paying mooring fees for a boat for many years, we did not consider this expensive!!

But we do live on the sunny, expensive south coast!!

PJay

Our local site was CASSOA Gold but came out of that association a couple of years ago because of "changes in CASSOA governance".

This had a small upward effect on our renewal Premium although actually the security has been upgraded after the sites CASSOA exit.

HymerVan - 2016-04-20 10:43 AM

Our local site was CASSOA Gold but came out of that association a couple of years ago because of "changes in CASSOA governance".

This had a small upward effect on our renewal Premium although actually the security has been upgraded after the sites CASSOA exit.

As has ours. The owner of our site was one of the originators of the Cassoa scheme

Difficult down this area to find storage, as land is expensive, but at the prices charged and up to 1000 vans , plus several small units, must be getting a very good income, from what was only a Turkey farm before. We have hard standing, but some caravans are on grass

PJay

Archived