Where to park and eat evening meal near Plymouth?

Matrix Meanderer

Off to France next Saturday on the overnight Brittany Ferry to Roscoff. The ferry departs at 22.00 hrs so time for an early evening meal somewhere near Plymouth (coming from Bristol).

Any Forum member recommendations on where to eat with decent parking for our motorhome?

Never used Plymouth Ferry Terminal and prefer to eat "out" rather than "in" when queuing up on the quayside.

Also gives time for the food to have a good chance of staying down during the overnight crossing (lol)

There's actually a new marine along side the terminal called King Point.

Nice little bistro type place upstairs overlooking the marina and out to sea, open to all but quite popular.

You could park up at the terminal and stroll all of 50 metres to the place, at least that way you'll know you'll be in good time for the ferry.

Or if you want to stroll further, try Royal William Yard a few options there too.

globebuster - 2016-04-16 10:35 PM

There's actually a new marine along side the terminal called King Point.

Nice little bistro type place upstairs overlooking the marina and out to sea, open to all but quite popular.

You could park up at the terminal and stroll all of 50 metres to the place, at least that way you'll know you'll be in good time for the ferry.

Or if you want to stroll further, try Royal William Yard a few options there too.

Thanks very much the Dock restaurant looks great and plenty of alternatives not far away.

Presume that you can simply park up on the waiting lanes before the check in booths?

I guess that after you are through the check in you cannot get back out to the restaurant?

There's parking outside the dock, where the HGV's sit it out, but I would imagine if you're early enough you could just sit in the queuing lanes for a while, I don't think the terminal car park has any height restriction either - might pay you to look on google to get a better idea.

We live too locally to ever need to wait around at the terminal, but the restaurant is pretty good - I take my American associates in there for lunch when they're over on business.

globebuster - 2016-04-16 11:13 PM

There's parking outside the dock, where the HGV's sit it out, but I would imagine if you're early enough you could just sit in the queuing lanes for a while, I don't think the terminal car park has any height restriction either - might pay you to look on google to get a better idea.

We live too locally to ever need to wait around at the terminal, but the restaurant is pretty good - I take my American associates in there for lunch when they're over on business.

Yes - just had a google street tour of the area and parking looks easy enough. Also spotted Hugh Fernley W's River Cottage place on the other dock. We've eaten in his Axminster place so may try that instead - looks a short walk.

There is a car park/patch of waste ground with hard surface opposite the restaurant which is immediately outside the ferry lanes. I have parked there but not used the restaurant.

If you don't fancy parking there or in the ferry lanes you can park in the terminal car park which is free for 2 hrs and then walk to the restaurant which takes less than 5 minutes - see here:

http://www.brittany-ferries.co.uk/guides/ports/plymouth#parking

Phone Brittany Ferries about early arrival.

I doubt its a problem as the lanes are empty most of the time.

I have recently checked and parking in the HGV area is for freight only. The public pay and display car park is opposite the HGV area and £10 for 24 hrs but the bays are about 5m long and I am not sure about paying for overlength.

Archived