Garmin Camper 760 map updates

TnT

I am unable to update the maps on my newly acquired camper 760. I installed the latest version of Garmin Express and while it appears to have updated the device software, after running for a further 18 hours the progress bar showed no progress and it has not uploaded any mapping updates. After trying many suggestions found on the internet, with no success, I followed a suggestion to install an old version of Garmin Express, 3.2.29. It showed great promise and after about six hours the progress bar reached the halfway point but all progress has ceased from that point: an error message "There was a problem transferring the update .... " appeared after a time. Nothing has been uploaded to the micro-SDHC card I installed.

All suggestions for resolving this problem will be appreciated.

I have had exactly the same problem twice.

The first time I was on a fast and strong broadband connection (BT Infinity).

The second time, I was using my 3 mifi and it used nearly all of my 15 gig monthly total somehow.

Other owners do not seem to have this problem, so a solution would be preferable to not updating at all.

Hi, I had the same problem last week, when I tried to download the new Europe and GB map it told me my 16gb card was invalid because it was full I'm pretty sure it wasn't. Anyhow it said to replace card and then continue, as it was I had a spare 32gb card so I put that in. I then followed the instructions to continue but after 4 hours downloading it failed again. I wondered if it was, because I'd followed their instructions which didn't give me the chance to format the card, if this was the problem?

I called customer services at Garmin and the very helpful young lady talked me through formatting the card then going to download and all went well. What we both thought odd was that before I started the download her computer showed I had the new map installed?

Why not contact Garmin Technical? I have always found them very helpful and constructive. You will probably have to give them your computer type: i.e. PC or Mac, and operating system - as well as details of the device (serial No etc). I assume you have registered the device on Garmin's website, and that your computer can actually "see" the device when connected? I ask the latter because mine is no longer visible in Windows Explorer on this computer, though it is on the desktop PC at home. Seems there is a corrupted driver on this one that needs sorting. Something I'll have to ask them how to resolve a bit later on, because I otherwise get messages that the correct driver is installed even after uninstalling it! Hey ho!

Hi all,

I had a problem with mine whilst trying to do an update, always failed with an error message, Garmin were very helpfull and sugested I uninstall Garmin Express and reinstall it, the update worked fine after that.

Hope it helps

Archived