TV reception

Pete-B

TV reception  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi, We're on site at the CC site Cheshire Oaks, we are told TV reception is very good and speaking to the guy a few plots down he tells me he just raised his aerial and got a Zillion stations.

We've got a fairly new van which came with a new Avtex telly and all last year it performed without any problems. How come I can't get anything here when I've tried twisting the aerial every which way and been round the site noting where others have there's? I've tried the short cable that came with the telly and also a spare one I carry but nothing!

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi. My MH came with an Avtex tv fitted by Autotrail. For the first few months, it never worked very well and the second tv in the bedroom that I fitted worked much better. The Avtex was sent back to the manufacturer and now works ok. It is still not as good however as the Vision Plus one.

Avtex have a 3 year warranty, so, send it back to be fixed. They are good for warranty work.

Check if the guy a few plots down is a fisherman who catches 20' salmon in canals. He might be prone to exaggeration.

Make sure you follow your TV and aerial instructions rather than your intuition because I fell foul of this last week much to my wife's amusement. The instruction books show have some basic guidelines on fault finding. Some instruction books can be downloaded on line.

When I get a good signal, my aerial booster shows a green light rather than amber or red. Have you checked your aerial signal strength?

High buildings and trees can affect signals. Cables kink, the cable ends get damaged, close proximity to other pieces of electrical equipment can cause electrical interference resulting in poor picture quality. Make sure your cable is laid out flat and not coiled.

Hi all,

Who's in line for dumbo of the year title?

There's a switch on the top of my Vision Plus amplifier and yes, it was off! How it got turned off is a mystery, I didn't even know there was a switch there and her in the kitchen said she's not the culprit. I should have realised there was no light showing on the amplifier, my excuse, I'd been on the road most of the day.

Anyhow thanks for the generous replies and suggestions, I can now deliberate which of the 220 stations showing I want to watch.

Ha ha! I've done that. Sometimes I get a unexplained desire to switch everything off at the device as well as disconnecting the power source. Then I forget I did until the device doesn't work next time. We spent half an hour once trying to get the gas hob to work until we realised we'd switched it off at the gas tap.

Pete-B - 2016-04-20 7:48 PM

Hi all,

Who's in line for dumbo of the year title?

There's a switch on the top of my Vision Plus amplifier and yes, it was off! How it got turned off is a mystery, I didn't even know there was a switch there and her in the kitchen said she's not the culprit. I should have realised there was no light showing on the amplifier, my excuse, I'd been on the road most of the day.

Anyhow thanks for the generous replies and suggestions, I can now deliberate which of the 220 stations showing I want to watch.

It's called Senior Moments Pete!! We all get them, they just get worst as you get older!!

PJay

Archived