stained plastic wash bason

stephsol

Hi All,

Im looking at a fairly nice hymer but the sink in th shower room has such a bad stain where something was left in it, its turned me off. Its been there for years aparently so Im sure its permanent, is this a common problem on old motorhomes (1999) ...is there a solution?

It's also common on newer Hymers. My 2008 one has staining on the plastic shower tray. Looks like a chemical has been used for cleaning and has been left, causing staining. I don't think there is any cure other than replacement. This is too expensive for me so I live with it. Luckily in my shower most of the staining can be covered by a small shower mat. I'll be interested to see if anyone has actually removed the stains. People will try and help giving you a lot of suggestions but they don't work.

Keithl - 2016-04-20 9:50 AM

The dark coloured sink in our AT had a very bad water stain in it when we bought it and the only thing I found to remove it was Rustins burnishing cream which is a very mild abrasive a bit like T cut, although T cut wouldn't shift it!

http://www.rustins.eu/Details.asp?ProductID=347

Keith.

Did it work Keith?

We also have water mark on shower sink., have learnt to live with it, for now

PJay - 2016-04-20 9:58 AM

Keithl - 2016-04-20 9:50 AM

The dark coloured sink in our AT had a very bad water stain in it when we bought it and the only thing I found to remove it was Rustins burnishing cream which is a very mild abrasive a bit like T cut, although T cut wouldn't shift it!

http://www.rustins.eu/Details.asp?ProductID=347

Keith.

Did it work Keith?

We also have water mark on shower sink., have learnt to live with it, for now

Yes, absolutely no sign of it after a bit of polishing and it hasn't reappeared either :-)

Archived