Ford Transit radio Code

Dr Dave

I have just replaced the battery on my Ford Transit based motorhome and because i have all the documents i was sure that the Radio code would be present however it appears not. Ford wanted me to take it to the main dealer and charge me for 'retrieving' the code that i don't think was ever supplied. So rather than pay Ford to sort it out i paid £2.49 on Ebay for the code (you do need the serial number of the radio) and you can get this by pressing 1 and 6 simultaneously on the radio and if it starts with a V followed by six numbers you will have to pay as there are no free code generators available However if it starts with an M followed by six numbers the codes are available free. If anyone needs the EBay sellers details PM me and i will supply them. The code was sent in 10 mins and worked fine. Beware though if you input a wrong code 10 times the unit becomes locked.

Dave

I read that if the power socket/cigarette lighter was on when the ignition turned off,wire an AA battery to a spare plug and it should hold the radio memory.

As long as you have both keys and the papers most Ford dealers will do it for free. £2.50 however is reasonable.

yeti - 2016-04-21 12:01 AM

I read that if the power socket/cigarette lighter was on when the ignition turned off,wire an AA battery to a spare plug and it should hold the radio memory...

There are also commercially-available ‘memory saver’ products for non-DIYers

https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl#q=radio+memory+maintainer+battery

Archived