Window Blind

itz

itz - 2016-04-21 4:34 PM

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a place to buy a new window blind for the large side window of my MH, someone willing to take telephone calls would be ideal as I don't want to make a mistake on size.

Could you not take the old blind off? Probably has a part no it somewhere

PJay

Thanks for the replies,

I took the blind off yesterday, no part number. I managed to fix the blind myself, now works fine, but I think it will only be a temporary repair as a small clip is broken and I managed to glue it together, I know it won't hold forever, at least it gives me time to look around for a replacement.

I replaced the clip in 3 of my Seitz blinds. They don't look anything like the eBay link above.

I purchased mine from Chris at Premier Motorhomes in Chichester. Just send him a photo of the part. He is very helpful.

Thanks for the suggestions, my blind is similar to this one pictured, two clips either side of the handle that are squeezed inwards to move blind, each clip is attached to a metal rod that had become detached on mine, I have glued the clip to metal rod with household glue. I know this isn't going to last long, so will try your suggestion Robbo and contact Premier, Having taken the blind apart, I also now realize I can move the rod to operate blind if and when it does become detached from clip again.

875278769_blind(2).JPG.cd457b2e44b89ad1148ee741fb9267f8.JPG

Simplest repair is to take the handles apart and you will find a small plastic lug on the plastic push handle fits into a hole in the metal slide has sheared off. Just find a nail (or metal rod, drill whatever fits) of the same size as the hole in the metal slide. Then when cut to an appropriate length, allow just enough to melt it into the plastic part, hold in a pair of snipe nose pliers or similar and hold in your gas hob flame to get sufficiently hot to press into the plastic part, leaving enough to enter the hole securely and this will be a permanent repair stronger than the original.

It does work as I have done all ours on our old motorhome over the years.

Bas

Archived