Andre Rieu Concert

myshell

Having recently celebrated my 70th birthday and my wife’s 70th birthday due on the 24thJuly (Bastille Day) plus our 50th wedding anniversary in-between, I usually take her over to France and tell her that I have arranged for all the fireworks, street parties, parades and festivals for her birthday, after all these years she has finally cottoned on to the truth and so she has decided that this year we will do something completely different, we have therefore booked to go to the Andre Rieu Concert in Maastricht, as we have only ever been to the Keukenhof Gardens in Holland, if any forum members have been to one of these concerts in Masstricht or are regular visitors to the area I would be grateful for any advice or recommendation’s for Aires or campsites in the vicinity of the venue in Vrijthof Square, also we have been told that the concert finishes at midnight, what are the chances of getting a taxi, bus or tram at this time of night, in order for us to get back to the aire or campsite ?

We shall be sailing from Dover on the 4th of July and returning from Dunkirk on the 5th of August, this gives us nearly 5 weeks to tour around Holland and Belgium, I would appreciate it if anyone can suggest some interesting places to visit in these two countries.

Regards

Phil & Val

If people from Poland are called Poles why are people from Holland not called Holes ?

Hi Myshell, try this site , Maastricht, Bosscherweg 35

Add a translation

Id : 26219 - Créé le 10 08 2015 par jeroenCN

GPS :

N 50°52’31.8” E 5°40’48.648”

Adresse :

Bosscherweg 35

6219 ND Maastricht

Netherlands

Voir sur la carte

Price of services : 2,50 électricité

Price of parking : 15

Add to selection

Edit this place

Found this on park4nite website.

Here you go Phil :-

http://www.campingvinkenhof.nl/en/andre-rieu-maastricht

We have stayed at this camp site and it is in walking distance from the Schin op Geul railway station so you can pop into Maastricht for the day on the train. But, a bigger bonus is that they also operate a return minibus trip for anyone wanting to go to the concert. Can't say fairer than that.

Best of luck and enjoy the concert :-)

Barry

We did this 3 years ago.

Stayed at the following camp site:

http://www.campingmeerssen.nl/campingjaar_2015.php

Run by Hans and Els - both speak English.

There is a train station a short walk nearby which takes you in to Maastricht Station in 7 minutes where you can spend the day getting the ambience. Do watch your bag though, we saw a few undesirables following and trying to get near tourists probaby with one intention. It is a lovely city and attracts many visitors for the show, rather like walking through the busy West End.

Hans was running a (paid) shuttle in his car to and from the centre from the campsite in the evening dropping off and picking up close to the Vrithjof which is obviously closed to traffic leading up to the concert.

The pedestrian management is well managed, and everyone is very friendly. Enjoy B-)

A word for the wise.

Maastricht is in the Netherlands (Nederland), not Holland.

They are therefore Nederlanders.

There are twelve provinces in the Netherlands, the two provinces Noord and Zuid Holland are just two of them.

In general people outside North and South Holland prefer the Netherlands but accept that thick foreigners know no better.

The fact that the English speaking world calls inhabitants of the Netherlands "Dutch" is caused by confusion long ago regarding the language spoken in the Netherlands. It is not Deutsch but Nederlands.

By the way make sure you book your tickets well ahead as they get sold out fast.

Andre Rieux's best concerts are in his home town. Enjoy the singing of the local "Maastrichtse" and "Limburgse" songs.

They remind me of my youth.

Archived