Tesco Vouchers

MandyAndy

Sorry I clicked return and it just did it. Contacted tesco vouchers dept today, and it turns out for P & O and Euro Tunnel you can get someone to send off their vouchers and recieve travel tickets and you can use them, or you could send them but they would probably come back to their address. My mum and sister keep theirs and have offered them to me but I was unsure that they would be of use, I definately can't use them in stores in their name, which I knew , but thats great as I can pay them for the value of them and get my crossings for France in return. My question is, having never done this , does it have to be date and time tickets or do they just send vouchers which you then send or quote numbers to P&O etc. for when you want to use them? In other words can I get them in advance so my mum or sister can then forward them to me for when I need them. Many thanks Mandy

Mandy&Andy Be careful, when I contacted Tesco direct, I was told the opposite of you - that I could NOT use anyone else's vouchers, even if they sent them off directly themselves for the travel vouchers. I had also been told by people who had bought vouchers on eBay that they had been able to use them (once the seller had exchanged them for travel vouchers and passed them on). However I had also placed a posting on the 'Tesco' forum (yes there is one!), and someone who had recently exchanged some Tesco vouchers for ferry travel vouchers responded to say that when he got the ferry ones back they had his name printed on them, so whether the rules have changed or not I don't know. Ultimately, I decided that it wasn't worth the risk, especially since I could get a very cheap crossing with P&O through the Caravan Club anyway.

Hi Mel, When I spoke to Tesco Direct they told me the same but when I questioned her further she paniced and put me through to someone who works with Tesco Deals, they who told me I could go ahead and use the vouchers for the Tunnel and P & O but there where certain deals were you would not be able to use other people vouchers. Think I will contact them again and get it in writing maybe, at least that way they can't deny what they said.

Good luck - I'm sure we'll all appreciate seeing it in black and white to save the confusion that we seem to have on this. Why they make it so difficult I don't know, at the end of the day the vouchers have been 'earned' by people spending money in their stores, so who uses them should be irrelevant really - maybe that's just too simple for them!!! ;-)

Tesco ferry vouchers are cross referenced with a serial number and have a 'life span' of about 6 months. I suppose in theory they could trace a ferry booking from the serial number back to the clubcard owner, but .. .. .. But P&O asked me to state how much of the fare I was paying with the vouchers and took the balance via debit card. Previously they gave you aat least a couple of weeks to send the vouchers in and to pay any balance by cheque. so make sure you have the vouchers when you ring up. B-)

We just send off the Tesco Clubcard Vouchers to be exchanged for travel tokens then select a time for travel (eurotunnel) on the website, ring eurotunnel and book stating we are using Tesco tokens. Pay the balance (if there is any) by credit card and then send in the Tesco tokens - received the travel tickets in a couple of days. Once you have exchanged the original Clubcard vouchers for tokens with Tesco they have a time limit (six months I think) within which you have to use them but you can order the travel tickets well in advance of the travel dates. Regards, david

[QUOTE]spartan3956 - 2006-11-23 9:03 AM Is it as simple as ringing up the ferry company getting a quote send off enough money store vouchers to tesco direct, receive the travel vouchers ring the ferry company and book it. Pete[/QUOTE] Yes, except that the ferry prices can change in the interim, and it's Tesco Clubcard Deals and the later clubcard vouchers can be processed on line thus presumably reducing the turn round time [which is usually excellent] see tesco deals here; http://tinyurl.com/t8jsk have fun B-)

Ah-ha, but the question still remains - has anyone done it recently and by that I mean in the last month. If so, DO THEY or DO THEY NOT have names on them?!?!?! This is the question that is the really important thing, I was told the way they are done has been changed and if that's the case it may affect a lot of people. Please ... there must be someone out there who has done this in the last few weeks. *-)

yes at the beginning of this month. P&O ask you to confirm how much you are paying in vouchers and insist on prompt payment, Tesco turned their bit round in about 4 days, whole thing completed in less than a week - always use recorded delivery to send vouchers to Tesco and also P&O, altho in future I will be using 'e-vouchers' via the net for the Tesco end. I ended up with a spare £10 ferry voucher which is valid until 30-06-07. Now roll on June 2007, :D :D B-)

Archived