Roof light size

Hi all

I have a swift escape 624 with rear kitchen and recently had a Fiamma turbo vent fitted in rear skylight and very impressed with how well it works and how quiet but can't help think it would be much better placed in the bigger skylight in middle of van. Is it me or do non of the fans/air conditioners fit this size skylight? They only seem to fit the 400 by 400 which is right at the rear of my van.

We are about to remove the aircon unit from our van. The hole will be 400 x 400. Not sure whether to have a roof light with fan or just a straight window. We have a large roof light in the van anyway.

Is it worth the extra cost for a fan?

PJay

PS where did you get your window from?

The only fan skylights I've seen are for the smaller 400x400 size.

However, Fiamma do one for the larger 600x900 size but it is not a permanent installation. You have to hook it onto the frame of the skylight and then remove it when travelling.

I am a great fan of the turbovent roof light, and we have had them fitted on a number of our vans. Because they are able to suck and blow, are thermostatically controlled, and you can vary the speed, they really are most effective. Regardless of whereabouts in the van they are located you will probably be able to get a beneficial effect. We are still in the opening rounds of the discussion between CG and I, she wants the Mini Heki because she thinks it will give more light, I want the Turbovent for the reasons stated.

AGD

Jonboymentalhealth - 2016-04-30 7:10 PM

I've got a fan on my 400 by 400 but wanted an air con unit but it's the bigger skylight and have only seen air con of size 400 by 400 but like the unit with skylight still in domestic I think

Our van is a Swift. We have a large roof fan light and the air con is fitted towards the back of the van, . The aircon is also a heater on 240 .v We have decided to remove the air con , to give us a bit more weight. When we take it out , we are going to put it on e-bay , as it works well,

PJay

Archived