Outdoor seating in a Rapido v56

DavidBrown

Hi guys.

We have got a Rapido v56 and want outdoor seating but we have the traditional food up camping chairs and they fit nicely in the cupboard under the bed but I hate them as they are most uncomfortable and I want something more larger and comfortable like many you see in camping and caravaning shops. But I'm just not sure where or how to store these in transit we have a boot of such under the bed but it would maybe mean having to move everything else out to get to them. Just wondering if anyone has the same or similar motorhome to me and how they store outdoor seating or if there is anything that can be attached to the back doors for the purpose of storing chairs.

We have an AutoSleeper Warwick XL. Had to ditch the full recliner chairs when we down sized to this but have some very comfortable ones that fold into a bag and go under the bed. For other outdoor items such as mains cable, toilet fluid etc we have a very robust black expedition quality box known as a flat dog which travels on the floor and goes under the van when we pitch up. Because with our layout we don't need to use the front seats bedding goes on the drivers seat, case of wires and chargers etc goes in drivers footwell, big leveling blocks in bag when not being used go in passenger footwell and plastic box of shoes live on the passanger seat.

You could have a cycle rack on the back doors and fix chairs to that but it would be a bit of an expensive way of doing it.

Not a cheap solution (unless you were already in the market for gaslow), but fitting a 25L underslung gas tank would free up your gas locker for storage purposes. This is what i did in my old tribute 650. I seem to recall the gas locker is acroas the sliding door in yours?

Nigel

Archived