Looks Like the Cheap Ferry Crossing wil Stay

enodreven

Great news....as long as the non booze cruisers are not subsidising the booze cruise fares?

A £40 crossing sounds excellent but I have just tried to book a crossing Dover to Calais for end of August, coming back in October and the cheapest I could find was £95 (P&O through camping club). Must be doing something wrong! Last year I went with Norfolk Line for £65. This year the quote was £204. I think this is called  "fluid pricing" !!

[QUOTE]Must be doing something wrong! Last year I went with Norfolk Line for £65. This year the quote was £204. I think this is called  "fluid pricing" !!

[/QUOTE] There is a thread on MHF:- 'Sea France Prices - Take a Look' which quotes some correspondence from Norfolkline who say they are having difficulties loading the correct 2007 prices for MHs on their website and to ring for the correct ones. Derek

Phoned Norfolkline today to query my high price quote on the web. Apparently, the price I was quoted on line was the full price, not the early booking price. They have now sorted this and a retry gave a price of £75, much better! BUT.. on trying again to book, there is a £5 each way "fuel surcharge" and a £4 surcharge if you use a credit card to book!! If you book by phoone there is also a £4 surcharge! Moral, look out for the hidden extras.  In fairness to Norfolk Line I used them last year and found it a "quieter" route,No coaches, foot passengers,  which I prefered but it did land me in France 30 odd miles further north than I would have preferred.

Archived