Hymer Classic B575...?

LucyK

Hello

Thank you for all your great advice so far... We've taken note of everything, hence a new post!

Having ditched the idea of buying the 'D' cat and LHD, we have now found a Hymer Classic B575 we are going to view this weekend and I just wandered if anyone has had any experience of these vans and any tips for things we should particularly keep an eye out for. We will get an independent inspection done but thought to ask incase there's anything obvious to think about with this model.

We did originally what something under 6metres but it's proved near impossible to find something that fits all our needs/budget and so this van seems perfect to us in all other respect.

Thanks again in advance!

Lucy

Hi Lucy. We had a 2002 Hymer Classic B544 and kept it for 10 years with very few problems. Only really sold it because we wanted more payload to carry a scooter.

I'm not familiar with the 575 layout but our Classic only had a single floor and built on the Fiat chassis with leaf spring suspension at the rear. Basically, the Classic models are more basic than their more expensive stable mates. So, a B575 (as opposed to a Classic B575) would have an ALCO chassis with double floor and independent suspension at the rear.

The Fiat vans up to 2006 were prone to wheel bearing problems. I had both front wheel bearings replaced and one on the rear axle.

Happy hunting.

Archived