Elddis Accordo habitation door lock

Bodger19

Good morning, I have a 2015 Elddis Accordo 135. If I close and lock the habitation door from the outside then pull on the handle as if you are trying to unlock it I always manage to release it a small amount of movement even though the door is still locked.

I asked the dealer about it and he says the all do that

Just wonder if anyone as the same problem or is this some kind of special lock.

Many thanks, this is my first time on the forum

Mine's a 2016 120 (same door as 2015) and if anything the lock is difficult to open. You can pull very hard when it's locked and nothing gives, but the door also needs a little push before pulling the handle to open it normally. The door doesn't seem to be tightly shut but there is nothing like you describe when it's locked.

One thing I really hate is that you can lock the door with the catch, slam it shut and lock yourself out far too easily!

everhopeful - 2016-05-10 8:42 PM

Mine's a 2016 120 (same door as 2015) and if anything the lock is difficult to open.......

One thing I really hate is that you can lock the door with the catch, slam it shut and lock yourself out far too easily!

My 2015 model was very hard to open at first but has gradually got easier.....and yes it is too easy to lock yourself out. A worry as I tour alone so no one to carry the spare keys as a potential back up. Only locked myself out once so far. Fortunately, I did this on my drive so could get the spare keys from the house. It was a useful reminder to be careful.

Ours is a bit stiff to open too if you just pull the handle, I put my thumb on the bit above the handle so I'm not just pulling at the whole door, I'm pulling against my thumb. Gertrude struggles opening it, so I'll try the pushing method too. She might find that easier.

In the old days door locks used to come with adjustable striker plates (my van has this) and you simply loosen the screws and adjust the plate to allow proper door closing with no gaps - does this not apply to these Elldis vans?

Tracker - 2016-05-11 5:14 PM

In the old days door locks used to come with adjustable striker plates (my van has this) and you simply loosen the screws and adjust the plate to allow proper door closing with no gaps - does this not apply to these Elldis vans?

The elddis door is adjustable, and mine is quite a slack fit. If I loosened it at all there would be howling gale blowing through! It seems to be the design that makes it tight to open, but hopefully as said above it will work easier with time. Until then it's push the thumb in the keyhole whilst pulling the handle. 8-)

Archived