Dinette bed - how to??

stevie135

Hi All

New to Motorhoming, bought a lovely 2005 Swift Freestyle (Sundance) 630L recently and getting on great with it. However we are a little confused as to how we make up the center dinette bed....

We have in total 4 wooden panels for this, two narrow and two wider panles. Braces pull our of either side of the forward and rear facing seats to allow 2 of these panels to be fitted - a reinforced filler piece is then laid across these and hey presto - bed is complete!

The narrower panels we have are the same width as the reinforced filler cushions so it would seem to make sense that we use these. However we can find no good reason for the two wider panels which seem to be more or less the same design (slight variation in where the locating struts are underneath)

Does anyone know the purpose of these? Is there an option to make a wider bed that we're just no seeing? Hope this makes sense to someone and many thanks indeed for any advice.

Cheers

Steve

Hi Stevie and welcome to the font of knowledge that is the forum!

Dinette beds in general can to be quite a narrow double but they do make a superb single - as long as they are long enough!

How wide is the bed as you have it, as it is quite possible that it can extend into the aisle but bits like cushions or supports might be missing for no better reason than a previous owner forget to include them when selling the van.

If you don't have a copy of the owner's manual with the van you might be able to faff about on t'web and find a copy that will provide you with one or two gems in among the generally load of useless information!

Or someone who has got or had one might be able to explain - hope so!

Happy camping and a goods night's sleep - bliss!

Hi Steve and welcome to forum

We have a 2006 swift lifestyle sundance 590RS

our dinette bed makes up to double by pulling out 2 metal extensions on the 2 seats and a slatted pullout where the table area is . You use the long sofa back panel for the extension and the 2 back cushions with a insert for the gap where the seat belts go . We have a wood insert for the sofa panel which goes between the 2 pull outs. (I hope you are still with me?)

I have just looked in my swift catalogue and see that your 630 does not have a long settee! But it does have the pull outs at the dinette seats, so I guess you will have to try the cushions in different configurations

Sorry just reread your post, you appear to know all I have just said , so maybe you have 2 spare cushions?? If you are going to use this bed, I would suggest you use a foam overlay on the cushions

Have you tried looking on line . Marquis where the dealers who sold LIFESTYLE swift sundance, being upgrade to the normal sundance . ie curtains, better upholstery

PJay

Many thanks for the reply.

We were left a mountain of paperwork and documents with the van, including the instruction book. This is very detailed in many ways - it even tells you how to make ice cubes when describing the fridge! Unfortunately and very strangely - it makes no mention of how to assemble the beds.

I suspect I have this correct and the additional supports are just that - additional.

Best regards

Steve

Archived