Manufacturers/dealer website

Keith T

Given the major change of Fiat base vehicle, I am most surprised that so much info on the websites is totally out of date. Whilst obviously the main thrust is to sell on forecourts or at shows, there must be a good number of us who would prefer to research initially on the internet. Given the geographical spread of dealers of most motorhome marques, and the cost of fuel, as well as time to actually visit dealers, surely, in this day and age, it ought to be simple to find via websites, any particular vehicle, with full specification, including dimensions and weights and extras/options available. The lack of detail on most is very frustrating I did find one which offered to download all the pages of the full catalogue in PDF format, but what is needed is the basic information easily accessible, then links to any indivdual model for all the details. Whilst I know it is perhaps early days on this new base vehicle, surely manufactruers must realise we are now in the 21st century technologically....! Since almost all have built a vehicle to be marketed, and indeed many have been exhibited at the shows, the information must exist.

Dethleplease.co.uk still have 2006 models on web site yet Dethleplease.de have had 2007 models for some months, maybe there trying to offload old models in uk *-) The miss spelling above is due to this web site not me, it won't accept proper spelling of manufacturer, has anyone else found this, its happened to me before

[QUOTE]peter - 2006-11-23 8:59 PM Dethleplease[/QUOTE]Tried it myself. See what you mean. Why's this?. Perhaps to stop advertising or more cynically, to stop anyone slagging of the company.

On the original point, I agree.  I don't know how difficult it is to re-jig the websites, but many manufacturers do seem to make life difficult for prospective customers.  There is also the annoying habit on the part of a number of continental manufacturers, who put up an English website but then link to technical specifications in their mother tongue only.  I don't include those who don't sell to UK in this, but several who do adopt this irritating trait. 

Having dissed the manufacturers, I do think UK dealers are generally much better at putting their stock on their websites than many of the continental ones.

I emailed a Belgian dealership recently to tell them they had no new stock listed on their website, and asked them for a stocklist with prices.  The reply was that they didn't publish such information because it was private, and if I wanted to know what thay had, I should visit!  Will they last, or was this Belgian humour?

Archived