Canterbury Park & Ride Price Rise.

Zydeco Joe

Used the very good Canterbury Park & Ride Wednesday night all ok but the price has gone up since our last use in November. It cost us £6 as we had arrived before 2 PM on Wednesday for a ferry on Thursday morning this is now counted as 2 days parking. Still not bad and wish more councils in the UK would follow their example. Was told that the site is to be made bigger due to demand lets hope that is true. Dover why cannot you do the same, motorhome sales up 20 % .Money to be made. B-)

Zydeco Joe - 2016-05-13 9:58 PM

Used the very good Canterbury Park & Ride Wednesday night all ok but the price has gone up since our last use in November. It cost us £6 as we had arrived before 2 PM on Wednesday for a ferry on Thursday morning this is now counted as 2 days parking. Still not bad and wish more councils in the UK would follow their example. Was told that the site is to be made bigger due to demand lets hope that is true. Dover why cannot you do the same, motorhome sales up 20 % .Money to be made. B-)

So, if arriving before 2p.m. Counts as two days is it still only £3 if arriving after 2 p.m?

David

I was there in November and stayed for just under 48 hours and it came to £6 as expected.

This is great value when you get a free bus into Canterbury plus also heated toilets on site if you need them, so it's good for small campers.

• 6 months later...

Hi I used Canterbury Park and Ride last weekend arrived at about 4pm on Saturday and left on Sunday afternoon I was charmed £4 also sign said gates shut at 21:30 plus the busses were running on sunday. As you have all said before this was a very good stop over (shame I can't get in when I leave work at 8pm and straight down for tunnel or ferry!) I will use again when I can.

Paul

I would happily pay £6 a night for parking on any park and ride (I know its only £3) it's a pity that all of them don't do it, some even have barriers to stop motor homes from using it to visit their towns.

Its a pity that the supermarkets don't do it like the intermarche does in Portugal.

So come on Tesco "every little helps"

Archived