Knock knock

baden87

baden87 - 2016-05-15 5:28 PM

Hi fellow campers

Getting a clonking sound when walking about in motor home and when getting in and out through habitation door , any ideas guys ?

.............from which direction ?

;-)

Guest pelmetman

Curiously we had the same thing for while in Spain :-S ..........scared the dog every time 8-) ......

Although we were unable to put the steady legs down as our rear end was against a wall........took the camper out for a day trip...parked up .....noise gone (?).....

Dry suspension joints, dry springs, loose body bolts, rotten floor, damaged step?

Sorry but you've not given enough information to identify anything.

Someone should get underneath and check and listen whilst another walks about the inside of the van - and if it were mine that would be done before I drove it any distance again!

Tracker - 2016-05-15 6:51 PM

Someone should get underneath and check and listen whilst another walks about the inside of the van - and if it were mine that would be done before I drove it any distance again!

......... unless the noise is coming from the roof.

:-|

baden87 - 2016-05-17 1:57 AM

So do most of them clunk /knock when moving around ? Or should I get it checked out ?

As it is unlikely to go away by itself I would get it checked. It may be something perfectly innocent but then again it may not?

Maybe I've been lucky but I've never had a van where the handbrake is the culprit, but that said I have not had a creaking problem (well maybe my knees!) for many a year in a modern van?

Archived