Looking for help

Roughy12

Afternoon All,

I have just won a competition and part of the prize is a new motor home- Swift Bolero 744

I have been told the value is £65,750

Unfortunately I wouldn't really use the motor home and I was thinking of selling it on to someone who would.

Could anyone advise me on what they believe would be a fair price to ask ?

Thank you

Not a scam, I won a competition on Good morning Britain.

I imagine a dealer would offer far less than what it's actually worth, then sell it on and make a massive profit?

Not on here to scam anyone, just looking for advice as I know nothing about motor homes.

Have to agree , a dealer.

Any one paying that sort of money will want a warranty , and only a dealer can give that.

As it is new, maybe you can approach the supplying dealer to sell on your behalf ? He will already have had some commision on the sale

I also thought this post a scam!

So well done on your win, though why you entered for a campervan, when you don't want one , beats me

PJay

You put on ebay, with a reserved price. We just sold something on ebay, got 3 x what we expected to get

I'm not helping you Roughly. *-)

I also made a couple of entries in the same competition and now you have my Prize. :'( I never normally enter these type of competition but I was wanting to run the balance off a PAYG Sim (long story). :-S

I would agree with others, a Dealer is always ready to make a quick buck. :D

Thanks for all the info, it's appreciated.

To be honest, it was my wife who entered the competition. She is still on maternity leave and I think she has entered every day time television comp there is !

I am waiting on my collection date, but they said it would be around 3-4 weeks. I will speak to the dealer and see what they can offer.

I am based in Glasgow if anyone is interested.

Thanks again.

Roughy12 - 2016-05-16 3:23 PM

Afternoon All,

I have just won a competition and part of the prize is a new motor home- Swift Bolero 744

I have been told the value is £65,750

Unfortunately I wouldn't really use the motor home and I was thinking of selling it on to someone who would.

Could anyone advise me on what they believe would be a fair price to ask ?

Thank you

Why not?

At least give it a shot before you sell it and (potentially) lose a lot of money!

Keith.

Edit to add, you will lose at least the amount of VAT paid on the original purchase price as soon as you take possession as the dealer cannot reclaim this, so £10k of your £65k gone immediately :-(

Then you will lose the dealers mark up to resell, so potentially anything up to another £10k :'( :'(

Congratulations on your win and your expected new arrival, I would try it before you sell it, it is perfect for a young family, that's the next 20 years holidays sorted, sleeping in your own beds, but wherever you want to be, but I suppose at this stage in your life the money would make a huge difference to you all, so good luck with the sale of that's what you decide.

Lynne ;-)

It maybe that the Op can not drive this van, over 3500.??

Does your licence cover you to drive this size vehicle ? I would imagine you are relatively young, and may not have a licence to cover this weight vehicle.

PJay

Max weight 4250 Kg

I’m guessing that this link relates to the competition

http://www.hotukdeals.com/competitions/win-25-000-a-swift-bolero-motorhome-with-good-morning-britain-itv-postal-text-phone-2429180

As Roughy12 does not intend to use the motorhome it would seem preferable to avoid ‘owning’ the vehicle himself if that’s practicable, rather than to go through the rigmarole required to register it, then take delivery of it and then try to get shot of it.

Roughy12 - 2016-05-18 2:32 PM

That is the comp and the Glasgow lady - well spotted.

Thanks again for all the info, it's all very much appreciated.

Someone has offered me 50k so I'm thinking that might be a fair deal

Hi..

That doesn't sound too bad an offer, especially when this one is only 58k from a dealer anyway..

http://www.leisurekingdom.co.uk/new-swift-bolero-744-pr-motorhome-21683

..and as it cost you nowt anyway, result! ;-)

(..if you kept for a year or so, and just had few holidays out of it, it'd end up being worth a lot less anyway..and being a Swift, it'd would've probably sprung a leak by then anyway! (lol) )

Archived