Fiat Ducato Euro 5 ODB2 DPF Regen Monitoring with App??

grahamt63

Hi All,

I'm hoping that I'm not the only control freak that would like to know when the ECU initiates a DPF regeneration / burn routine on my Fiat Ducato 130bhp Multijet (2014) Euro 5 engine, Tribute 670.

I'm running the Torque app, with OBD2 Wifi adapter, but the only available control panel values aren't really of any help. It can monitor the EGR position, but the other important values I need are Throttle plate, Cat or DPF temp and the Torque app doesn't have these available with this van.

Has anyone else managed to infer when a regeneration of the DPF filter is happening?

Does anyone know of another hardware / software package that will be able to read the signals I need?

The reason for wanting to see what's going on with the DPF regenerations is so I can prevent aborted sequences by continuing to drive until it's completed.

I can do this with my Shogun with no problem as I'm able to read more values that are of use.

Thanks very much for any help you guys can give.

Graham

If you take a look at the current 'X250 cutting out?' thread it appears that steve101 has something that can access the kind of information that you're after and might be able to offer advice.

See this extract from his diagnostics, for example:

Km travelled with DPF warning lamp 'on': 0

Particulate filter state: 30% - 120%, Normal clogging

Last DPF replacement odometer: 88455.10 km

Odometer from last DPF regeneration: 115.70 km

Average temperature of last 5 regenerations: 673.00 °C

Average distance of last 5 regenerations: 1313 km

Average duration of last 5 regenerations: 505 sec

Total number of regenerations: 122

Steve928 - 2016-05-19 12:35 PM

If you take a look at the current 'X250 cutting out?' thread it appears that steve101 has something that can access the kind of information that you're after and might be able to offer advice.

See this extract from his diagnostics, for example:

Km travelled with DPF warning lamp 'on': 0

Particulate filter state: 30% - 120%, Normal clogging

Last DPF replacement odometer: 88455.10 km

Odometer from last DPF regeneration: 115.70 km

Average temperature of last 5 regenerations: 673.00 °C

Average distance of last 5 regenerations: 1313 km

Average duration of last 5 regenerations: 505 sec

Total number of regenerations: 122

Yes that looks like some of the data I wouldn't mind being able to see, thanks I'll have a read on that thread.

Archived