How many members on this forum?

Bobeye

With all the recent discussions on dealers

Can anyone tell me how many members there are on this forum alone.

Its just a thought but if dealers were made aware of how many potential buyers were discussing their particular business, perhaps, just perhaps they would be more focused on the customer service they provide.

After all it is us as buyers who can influence our suppliers if we truly has a mind to.
I will let my supplier know of the discussions that have been taking place and see if anything happens.
Besides if we are just going to sit back and moan without actually making a concerted effort they are unlikely to change without pressure.

you're being naive! Sorry, but I've a smart roadster and a smart fortwo at present and I am a moderator on a smart forum with 8500 members - do you think Smart and their dealers take any notice? No! They're just crap and all that happens is that we find out just how crap much more quickly. I'm sure motorhome dealers are no different!

It is not so much how many registered members there are on a forum but how many are active short and long term. It may well be that the actual number active is as low as 30 to 50 with others having just registered out of curiosity and making no actual contribution. In the 85,000 plus world of registered motor caravans even 1551 is small beer at 1.82% and may well explain why some technical questions remain unanswered. I must agree with Messerschmitt Owner, even a certain other forum with a claimed 13000 members has little influence on the Manufacturers or dealers. A dealer once told me "I couldn't care a stuff about the forums and members as they cannot agree amongst themselves most of the time". Much as I hate to agree with him, how active has action by any forum ever been against any dealer. Certain dealers seem to get regular bad press but their business just grows and grows and they know that other dealers are not greatly different. If all the members agreed to totally boycott a particular dealer that may have some effect but can you see it happening and if it did would the forum moderators allow the forum to be used in this way against the interest of a major advertiser for example? I do not think so. Regards, Mike.

The problem with priasing a dealer is no matter what excellent service you have recieved there are always people that received bad service....(i should put that,,There are always people that THINK they have recieved badservice) The main problem is that there is no real standard to mark against...what one would except as outstanding service another will consider to be the norm,,,,again as some would expect to be norm others would consider to be shoddy.... I think the only way is to listen to what people say and put it into context before making any decisions..I am no different to everyone on this forum,,,,Personaly i think Brownhills is over priced but others will disagree,,i also think Lowdams is better priced and the staff have always been excellent with me but again others will disagree... one final piont i would like to say is.....werever you go,,how you treat the people you come into contact with has a big result in the level of customer service you recieve (and yes i know it shouldnt be that way) As i previously worked in the motor trade i can speak from experiance....if some one was narky with me i would still take there money but i wouldnt do much else however if people were polite and freindly no matter what i would go out of my way to help them and have made some very good and long term friends from customers i have sold to....so thats it really....have fun and have a good xmas....

Yes there are good and bad dealers, and they also have salesmen who are paid a pittance as basic wages and rely on commission. This combined with a purchaser who wants to squeeze the last penny out of the deal results in the company trying to get some money back with less warranty help or preparation of the vehicle than might be expected. If you act fair then I would expect to have reasonable redress, and receive goods that meet expectations. When I bought my MH the dealer could not have been more helpful although I did travel a long way to him as I was not satisfied with attitude of my local dealers' salesmen. David

This thread is moving more towards dealers than members and has been covered many times. For my pen'eth I look upon my motorhome more as a house than a vehicle and with older houses you need more maintenance. I have found most dealers that I have come in contact with helpful. Mendip Caravans in Newport have been most helpful in tracking down a waterpump for me even though I haven't even set foot in their place before. As previously written, attitude is all important, if you go nuclear at the first problem you havent got much to fall back on if you dont get the result you want. I have always found when dealing with a company regardless who they are, if you get the first person you speak to on your side, you generally get better results. I often use the intro- " I have a problem and I know its not your fault personally but.. " This really goes a long way towards getting to the person who can assist. At the end of the day, we are all people with our issues and problems to deal with so praise in deed where its needed and factual critisms when its also required. Best go and get rid of my frustrations on Vixter VoH

In the case of this forum, I dont think its so much member power. This site is provided by Warners and the industry knows that the magazine with the greatest readership for motorhomes is MMM I think they would listen to that readership more than this forum. Remember some of the posters on here are well respected in the trade and write in MMM

Archived