Max view crank up and sat receiver box problem

Matterson

Hi everyone,

I'm new here and this is my first post and I am hoping someone might be able to help me.

My dad has a max view crank up 85cm satellite dish on his motor home along with a MXL020/hd free to air satellite receiver. We are struggling to get a signal of any sense. The dish has a clear view in the correct direction and we can get a signal strength up to about 45% according to the box but no real signal intensity (less than 5%). we are trying to connect to the Astra 2 satellite so we can get all the normal free view channels like bbc and itv etc. However, when we do an auto tune on the box it finds hundreds of foreign channels but none of the U.K. Channels. Can anyone help?

Matt

For starters suggest you try the receiver and van TV in the house if you have s sky dish.

This will identify any problems with the receiver and tv. If these work ok it suggests the dish lnb or the cabling between the dish and the receiver.

If you're getting hundreds of foreign stations when you autotune, then you're looking at the wrong satellite.

There is a useful website called satellite for Caravans (just google those words) which tells you how to align the dish for Astra 2.

Assuming you are in the UK I think the stations you are receiving are on the Astra1 satellite. My advice is to turn the crank on your dish clockwise by a quarter of an inch or so ensuring the elevation is set to Astra2. Normally the signal is so strong on Astra 1 the elevation is not so critical and that is why you are probably receiving channels from this station.

Archived