Green card croatia

Sailent

I'm confused!

Do i need a green card for croatia?

Current travel bk i have from Marco Polo says yes. Some forum entries say yes.

I rang Comfort insurance yesterday they say no. Reading about Green Card Agreement it appears no!

Please discuss! Departure date fast approaching! Help!

Thanks! ??

No you don't but be aware of the 12.5 mile Bosnian strip at Neum which you do need green card to drive through if going down to Dubrovnik. And you cannot get insurance at the border either so if intending to go down the coast that far, asking your insurance company for a green card wouldn't be a bad idea. It's usually free....at least mine is through Scenic.

Also be aware of Croatia's drink/drive law which is a bit 'strange'!

They have a limit just like we do here and if stopped by the Police for a random check and you are within the limit it's not a problem.......BUT that all changes if involved in an accident. Irrespective of fault, blood alcohol limit instantly becomes zero. So best advice is if driving the following day, stay off the booze completely!

Took the ferry today from Pioce to Trpanj (Croatia).

1 Hour or warm sunshine and the joy of a ferry trip.

The best way to avoid the Bosnia strip without proper insurance cover.

I have met one couple while traveling through Croatia who took the risk.

Can't understand why folk would gamble their motorhome against a £25 ferry ride.

We decided on the ferry diversion 5 years ago from Ploce to Trpanj (Croatia) and went all the way out to the end of the peninisualr to Loviste. The bay and the campsite were absoluely stunning as was the welcome by the campsite owner.

We didnt need a green card for Croatia and used the ferry to get around Bosnia

cheers alan

alan k - 2016-05-26 4:58 PM

We decided on the ferry diversion 5 years ago from Ploce to Trpanj (Croatia) and went all the way out to the end of the peninisualr to Loviste. The bay and the campsite were absoluely stunning as was the welcome by the campsite owner.

We didnt need a green card for Croatia and used the ferry to get around Bosnia

cheers alan

Currently in Dubrovnic.

Really like Croatia.

Stunning drive down the coast road.

Will try the campsite at Loviste on our way back Alan.

Archived