Refusal of Planning Permission for Seren y Mor Motorhome Stopover/Aire de Service in Pembrokeshire

chris

Just to let you know that I have received an Email from Dawn Rogers to say her appeal for a stopover has been declined again. She will now appeal to the Welsh assembly. I wish you good luck in all your efforts Dawn Chris .............................................. Copy of letter To: All Supporters of Planning Application 06/0305/PA for Seren y Mor Motorhome Stopover/Aire de Service in Llanteg, Narberth, Pembrokeshire Dear Motorhoming Friends, RE: Refusal of Planning Permission for Seren y Mor Motorhome Stopover/Aire de Service in Pembrokeshire We have finally received our copy of the decision taken by Pembrokeshire County Council's Planning Authority on 25th October 2006 in relation to Seren y Mor. We regret to inform you that planning permission has been refused by the delegated officer for the second time at the Change of Use stage of the planning process for the development of a purpose-built Motorhome Stopover in Llanteg, Pembrokeshire. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you once again for your letter to Pembrokeshire County Council's Planning Authority in support of this venture. Your efforts were much appreciated. We trust that you will have received both an acknowledgement of your correspondence from the Planning Authority and a personal notification of their decision. It is our intention to appeal against this latest decision to the National Assembly for Wales under Section 78 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 in the hope that we may yet succeed in helping to develop a much needed amenity for motorhome tourists across the UK. Kindest regards, Dawn

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for that Chris, I will email her. I think I had the address somewhere because I wrote to the Council in support of the appeal. I was surprised that your original post about the refusal had not prompted more replies. I only found it myself when I did a search to see if anyone had mentioned the letter we have had from Dawn. It must have cost her a fortune to write to everyone individually. I am really sad for her. Rowan

Dawn has informed me that she has been very busy and she is currently looking into the Appeal process and it will take some time to put together the case, so she will be working on that over the coming months. She has 6 months from 25th October '06 to appeal and she will check whether any new representations can be included. she hopes to include all the letters and emails that have been sent in to date in support of the two applications, when the appeal is considered. I will keep you informed if I hear anymore Chris

• 4 months later...
Guest starspirit
Please see also the thread 'Aire de service in Pembrokeshire' The appeal process to the planning inspectorate following Dawn Roger's refusal by Pembrokeshire County Council is now underway and I had a letter dated 3rd April from PCC which arrived on 12th April telling me that we have until 2nd May to submit any written representations IN TRIPLICATE. Perhaps they feel that asking for support in triplicate will put many people off? I hope that it won't? If any one else feels inclined to lend support please send your submissions IN TRIPLICATE to Mr H Jones, Planning Inspectorate, Crown Buildings, Cathays Park, Cardiff, CF10 3NQ. Please quote the following references in full;- Local Planning Authority Reference 06/0305/PA. Land at Seren Y Mor, Old Amroth Rd., Llanteg, Pembs. - Mr & Mrs Rogers. Planning Inspectorate Reference APP/N6845/A/07/1201209. Thanks, and I am sure that Dawn will be appreciative of our support for a venture that is very much in our interests.

Starspirit, I received my letter from Pembrokeshire County Council yesterday and was just perusing the website and saying to my other half that no-one has yet posted about this and had just logged in to do so when your post popped up. Well done, you beat me to it. Triplicate isn't difficult, we just have to hit the "Print" button three times. And remember to sign them all of course, that's the difficult bit. The interesting bit in the letter is that we have to make our representations "within 6 weeks of the start date mentioned above", this start date being 21st March. The letter to me is dated 3rd April and was received on the 10th April, so they have already whittled away our six weeks to three! I make the closing date 2nd May, am I right? Good luck Dawn.

Guest starspirit
Thanks for the support Rowan. The more 'out of county' support we can drum up the better it will look as Wales does at last realise that with the demise of industry tourism is the best, and maybe the only, way to create the growth jobs and wealth that the Assembly says it wants and needs. We shall see whether the doom mongers win again or not? Not being a cynic I did not want to mention the disappearing three weeks!

I want to keep this thread alive. When I checked there had been 718 views but it had dropped back to page 2. With the usual apathy shown in all walks of life ( and I suspect many Motor homers are the same ) I fear for the possible lack of support. Starspirit has given the address of the person to write to at the Welsh Assembly and we have only until May 2nd to act. Just 100 out of the 718 who have shown interest would probably make a massive difference. Come on everyone. Mike

• 2 weeks later...
Hello Pat, Time has run out. Starspirit lives in Pembrokeshire and I believe he is back from his recent travels now so I am sure he let us know the result of the latest appeal when known. Mike

Hello everyone, Look at the first posting for this subject. All is explained there and in follow up posts. Appeal failed for various reasons ( not least ignorant locals ). However there was a last shot available by getting in touch with the Welsh Assembly who are committed to encouraging tourism in the Principality. Starspirit gave all the details on his post before leaving for foreign parts. No excuse for any of us not to support the application but I fear the usual apathy present in most communities has happened again. Five minutes typing, press the print button three times ( as an earlier poster pointed out ) an envelope and a stamp and another step forward for our chosen interest. I would love to be proved wrong about general apathy but I fear not. All letters should have been in the Assembly by yesterday ( 2nd May ), which was why I was trying to keep the thread alive to the last day. I am sure Dawn or Starspirit will let us know the outcome. Mike

Archived