Winter on the Cote D'Azur

Barryd999

I finally got around to finishing the guide I started in the winter on the Cote D'Azur from our trip there late last summer (2015).

It is aimed primarily at motorhomers with secondary transport but it will still hopefully be useful for those of you without scooters or toads and maybe useful for very fit cyclists.

You can find it on my website at https://sites.google.com/site/hanktestsite2/downloads

Highlights were definitely the area and the aire at Collobrières and St Tropez area, Bagnols en Foret above Frejus and the high Corniche from Monaco to Nice.

Its mainly about the rides out we did on the bike so if your a biker there are some terrific trips in it but I have also wrote about the highlights and must see places. I have included GPS co-ordinates, distances, maps and prices of aires, sites etc.

Thanks but I dont know whats happened to the title as it should read "Cote D'Azur guide" not Winter on the Cote D'Azur. God knows how that got in there.

We did the trip in early September through to mid October. Perhaps admin can edit it as I cant now.

Still I would imagine its useful anytime really but I would definitely avoid July and August and probably the first week of September, especially the further east you go towards Monaco and Nice.

We found that the area closed down in October, when we went a couple of years ago. Was disappointed. France seems to shut down , this may be because they have to pay tax if the keep open! Or something like that, according to a friend who lives in France, and rents out caravans, but only for a short period, due to tax implications

Also the weather not that good in winter, that's why even the French are now going to Spain.

PJay

Archived