Dometic Stock Chos - Warning!!

DJD

For those planning to be off travelling shortly but needing to order an important part from Dometic please be aware that their European distribution centre is in a state of total chaos following an IT system revamp.

They are unable to provide delivery information or respond to the most simple requests for order status. Delivery times are open ended and unacceptably long - not good if you are depending on a part before you travel.

I have been waiting for a window blind for nearly a month now - I am due to be on holiday but now have cancelled my travel plans due to the non-availability of the part.

I thought I had left plenty of time to get the part ordered and delivered but I hadn't planned for the total shambles and lack of customer service from Dometic.

They are being chased daily by the UK dealer but cannot provide any reliable despatch information despite it being escalated daily by Dometic UK. The response to every query is that it is "in picking" but it never materialises.

I am informed by the dealer that this situation has been going on for weeks with no sign of improvement and that they do not know the status of outstanding orders. The dealer was informed that the my item was to be included in a delivery this week - but Dometic then admitted that my item was missing from the delivery & it was then relegated again to the back of the queue.

I would suggest you find an alternative if possible until Dometic get their act together.

Thanks for the heads up on the problems with Dometic. However, to cancel your holiday because of a window blind ? Years ago before in-built blinds were the norm, my wife made them from material and a bit of net for fly screens - so what is the problem.

Alan

Tend to agree. A number of outlets offer spare parts or blinds and possibly something there could be used. Cancellin a holiday for that seems a bit extreme to say the least. If it is a nightshed you need then something from material can be improvised, if the fly net, then do not open that window. Do not worry people will not laugh just because you have an old blanket over the window.

While we can understand your frustration with Dometic, it is not to say others will have the same poor response. It maybe that what you want is just that bit that is at the bottom of the pile.

Just a month! In Dometic time that is a new order.

Our replacement oven door took 12 month to arrive from them.

Dometic parts and service engineers network have been in meltdown for well over 2 years.

You could be cancelling a lot of holidays.

Good luck

Intransit

Fair point - I would have made do with the old blind had I not disposed of it when the initial delivery was promised in 7 days. Since then the delivery has been put back every day by a single day and I have run out of time to sort a temporary alternative.I haven't the time nor inclination to sort out an improvised alternative when the delivery was promised the next day, and the next day, and the next day!!! If I was prepared to put up with an old sheet across the window I wouldn't have bothered order a replacement blind!! Lol

A good advisory of the situation that you have found yourself in with Dometic.

Presumably you may wish to use the motor home at some point.

Have you tried the various retailers?

Adhesive backed Velcro used with the material of your choice is an easy fix .

Whatever happened to curtains? Or even a piece of cloth if you haven't got a curtain.

One of my side windows which does have both flyscreen and roller blind, i never use knowing the faff these things cause when the mechanism gives up. Instead i've used one of these things http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Foldable-Silver-Car-Sun-Blind-Visor-Screen-Shade-Wind-Shield-Reflective-Shades-/252067639583?hash=item3ab066f11f:g:bEIAAOxyj4hTIC3B which i've had for donkeys years and cost me a quid.

If the window is larger you can buy reflective material off the roll. A bit of gaffer tape and job done!

Archived