Peugeot Boxer MOT

Len Salisbury

Had phone call a couple of weeks ago from main dealer saying that MOT would be due on 10 June and inviting me to take up the offer which I did. Had to phone yesterday to cancel due to hospital appt. I was informed that they could not do the MOT as they could not put it on the Rolling Road. They do services on long wheel chassis so I could not and still do not understand why. So booked it with last years company for today for MOT and Service.

Although the Peugeot main dealer may have the necessary equipment to carry out servicing of long-wheelbase panel vans (like your Autocruise Pace) it does not automatically follow that the equipment they use to carry out MOT tests will handle those vehicles.

The motorhome dealership that used to service my Hobby coachbuilt motorhome could MOT cars and smaller motorhomes, but the Hobby was marginal size-wise where the dealership’s MOT rolling-road was concerned. The Hobby was initially taken by the motorhome dealer to be MOTed at the premises of a nearby company that dealt with large commercial vehicles. The motorhome dealership subsequently upgraded his MOT testing station to include a larger rolling-road and the Hobby (and other larger motorhomes) could then be MOTed without being taken elsewhere.

Archived