A good quality tyre pump for a motor caravan.

BML

I have just dumped the latest of an inadequate 12 volt tyre compressor and would like to ask for recommendations for an effective and robust model that does what it claims to do and is provided with a cable that stretches to every wheel.

BML - 2016-06-06 9:02 AM

I have just dumped the latest of an inadequate 12 volt tyre compressor and would like to ask for recommendations for an effective and robust model that does what it claims to do and is provided with a cable that stretches to every wheel.[/quote)

Just bought an one that seems upto the job, from e-bay, it has twin cylinders and clips to go directly onto the battery, cigar lighter connectors are not man enough for the power drawn. Cable is not particularly long, but a coiled yellow airline extension would reach all wheels on a 7.6 metre motorhome, and it pumps up quickly to 100 psi, it says max 150psi. Comes in a compact cloth bag that holds compressor and attachments/ airline.

BML - 2016-06-06 9:37 AM

Could you state what name it goes by?

Sorry i would publish a link to it, but havent mastered how to do it on my tablet yet.

These are the details, brand name Katsu(china) from Aim tools ltd , item no.164035

Cost 25.99 inc. Postage from the UK.

Search for 451717 tyre compressor

Recommend it.

BML - 2016-06-06 9:02 AM

I have just dumped the latest of an inadequate 12 volt tyre compressor and would like to ask for recommendations for an effective and robust model that does what it claims to do and is provided with a cable that stretches to every wheel.

I use a hand powered cycle track pump. Goes up to 160 psi.... easy to move between wheels and keeps you fit. :-D

This link is to the product Ray mentions

http://www.rakuten.co.uk/shop/aimtoolsltd/product/451717/?l-id=gb_shopsearch_grid_product_1

I have one of these

http://www.jgs4x4.co.uk/t-max-heavy-duty-12v-portable-air-compressor-car-van-truck-4x4-tyre-pump.html

Like Ray’s pump, the T-Max product is intended to be connected directly to a battery as its amperage requirement is too high for an ordinary dashboard ‘cigar lighter’ socket. I understand that its coiled air-hose will stretch to 10 metres, though I’ve not measured whether this is correct. It certainly seems to be well made and it sure can put air into a tyre. The screw-on connection to the tyre-valve is a bit fiddly and air will tend to be lost on disconnection, but at least the connection is firm and positive. Sounds like a suppressed MAC-10 machine-pistol on steroids firing subsonic rounds...

Guest pelmetman
Derek Uzzell - 2016-06-06 11:43 AM

Sounds like a suppressed MAC-10 machine-pistol on steroids firing subsonic rounds...

How would you know that Derek?? 8-) .............

Guest pelmetman
Derek Uzzell - 2016-06-06 4:37 PM

IITYIHTKY

Message understood 8-) ..........

Over and out :D........

Archived