Snowie2 =snowie making contact from Italy

Albertslad

Hi all, just to let you know that we made it to Alberobello and the Trulli houses!

Came via Ronchamp, Schlumpf museum and Cinque Terre as planned.

Major problems so far are internet availability, campsite quality and things I forgot to bring! Mainly use cable and or card reader for camera backup.

A bit short on trattorias so far but hope to put that right.

Had to register again as can't access my but email account

Regards and thanks to all who assisted with route etc; I may have more queries now I bought a data pack from EE!

Regards for now

alan b

What did you think of the Schlumpf car museum? I have visited lots of car museums over the years and I thought that one was a real standout. Hope you enjoy southern Italy as much as I do. Currently we are in Naples on our way south. We are in a Fiat 500C SUV rental rather than a MH however I have seen some really nice Euro MH on the way down the coast from Rome including a great looking Laika we came across at Caserta Vecchia.I can see why MH's are parked out of town, some of the streets here only just accomodate a Vespa! Cheers,

Geeco - 2016-06-07 6:09 PM

What did you think of the Schlumpf car museum? I have visited lots of car museums over the years and I thought that one was a real standout. Hope you enjoy southern Italy as much as I do. Currently we are in Naples on our way south. We are in a Fiat 500C SUV rental rather than a MH however I have seen some really nice Euro MH on the way down the coast from Rome including a great looking Laika we came across at Caserta Vecchia.I can see why MH's are parked out of town, some of the streets here only just accomodate a Vespa! Cheers,

Hi Gary;

Schlumpf original collection beautiful and really well presented.

We have enjoyed southern Italy, found some nice sites, and some really poor ones. Standout ones at Levanto on Cinque Terre, and a "great little Acsi site" also the one we are on in Piano de Sorrento.

Amalfi coast on a service bus today was an experience. Thinking about Naples by boat, but decided Pompeii and Herculaneum.....not on our must see list.

Heading to Orvietto and Siena on Saturday and an early entry int France in 10 days time.

Hope you are enjoying your trip

Cheers

Alanb

At the SOSTA in Orvieto, train just thundering by! SOSTA very nice 18 euro/not

Left Fiano Romano this am.

Unfortunately the Omni-step didn't retract and now has to be retracted, rather than automatic on ignition.

A job for when we get home.

Orvieto really nice, and nice meal.

Move on to Siena tomorrow.

Cheers, Alanb

Archived