Snipe Pro Sat system

old scot

Anyone have any ideas on what would cause my Snipe Pro satellite dish to stop tuning. it happened last year and cause turned out to be aerial cable not connected properly to the control unit. I have checked it this time but all looks fine. all that happens when I switch on is that I hear it trying to tune to astra 2 but then stops and just goes back to "home" position Any suggestions would be welcome..thank you in advance :-S

Hi

I have several issues with mine. I suspect if you remove it from the roof and turn it upside down, water will come pouring out of it. The sealing is sub-standard, the manufacturers and distributors are well aware of this, and recommend now that these units are not permanently mounted.

Mine failed twice, and after a battle lasting 3 months, I managed to get my money back - unit was bought from Medienland, a large electronics retailer in Germany (their Currys/PC World).

They are cheap for a reason, mine was seemingly a bargain at £500 quid brand new.

I replaced it with a SatFi UK, which covered the now glued/screwed plate from the Snipe that was left on my roof.

As for failure mode, the elevation motor failed due to water ingress the 1st time, while the turntable motor got stuck and then burned out the second (again water ingress). Speaking to some UK-based vendors of the Snipe, this is something that they have come to expect of these units.

The LED's on mine flashed a pattern indicating a fault - do your LED's flash differently to when the unit is working normally?

Nigel

Archived