Bessacarr cab noises

Peterexplorer

We bought a 2015 model Bessacarr 442 new last year (11 months for delivery, but that's another story!). It seems to have a very high level of cab noise on anything but very smooth roads. The slightest ripple or imperfection in the tarmac causes rattles and at times loud thumps from the sunroof or possibly the panel with the speakers and spotlights above the cab.

I have discussed this with the dealer who said the models with the sunroof all rattle and advised using pipe insulation on the blind handles. I tried this but it hasn't made much difference. The noise drowns out the sat-nav and any hope of conversation.

We are new to motorhoming so is this normal in a new van? :-(

What tyre pressures are you using? My Swift 630L benefits from slightly reduced pressures, however, you need to visit a weighbridge to find out the loading on each wheel and set the pressure accordingly.

I agree about checking the tyre pressures cos when we had our Delaware shipped out to nz the rattles were really bad on these rough roads. I took it down to local weighbridge and then emailed continental the weights and they replied with the correct tyre pressures. Made a big difference and driving became tolerable.

Archived