Fiat first service in Spain

tringy

Hi all, having read in the hints and tips forums about someone called Thefrenchman who had a Fiat serviced in a main dealer in Spain and how cheap and such a good service it was so I thought I would give it a go as I was going to be in Spain at the right time for the first service at 8000 miles. It's a 2-3 ducato autotrail frontaria, I was quoted 254 pounds from a UK Fiat main dealer for the first service. In Spain I paid just 165 euros that's half of what I was quoted in the UK. All went well and very professional. It was serviced at a Fiat main dealer, the address I got from the service book in motorhome. The service book was filled in and stamped correct for the warranty. As to say that I am very happy. The dealer is vehicles Daytona in villa Franka near Barcelona if any body is interested. Regards to all from Spain. Tringy. Ps thanks to the original poster Thefrenchman I'm obliged.

The first service of a current-model Fiat Ducato with 2.3litre motor is scheduled at 2 years or 30,000 miles.

The service involves a range of checks and replacement of defined parts like the fuel and pollen filters. The engine oil, oil filter and brake fluid should be changed.

Genuine Fiat parts and the recommended SELENIA-branded engine oil do not come cheap. €165 equates to around £129 - as has been said that’s roughly half the £254 UK quote from a Fiat main dealer. While it’s to be expected perhaps that Spanish labour charges will undercut the UK’s, it would be sensible to explore what the UK Fiat servicing would have entailed and what the Spanish Fiat dealer actually did.

If the Spanish service was identical (or even superior) to the planned UK service it was a real bargain. If different oil were used, different replacement parts were fitted, or certain procedures were not carried out, that would need to be taken into account when comparing the cost.

Derek Uzzell - 2016-06-08 8:40 AM

The first service of a current-model Fiat Ducato with 2.3litre motor is scheduled at 2 years or 30,000 miles.

The service involves a range of checks and replacement of defined parts like the fuel and pollen filters. The engine oil, oil filter and brake fluid should be changed.

Genuine Fiat parts and the recommended SELENIA-branded engine oil do not come cheap. €165 equates to around £129 - as has been said that’s roughly half the £254 UK quote from a Fiat main dealer. While it’s to be expected perhaps that Spanish labour charges will undercut the UK’s, it would be sensible to explore what the UK Fiat servicing would have entailed and what the Spanish Fiat dealer actually did.

If the Spanish service was identical (or even superior) to the planned UK service it was a real bargain. If different oil were used, different replacement parts were fitted, or certain procedures were not carried out, that would need to be taken into account when comparing the cost.

Wise words Derek

Sometimes it best to pay more, to be sure!

PJay

You would also need to ensure the UK dealer is also fitting the correct parts and doing all the procedures . Shortcuts taken not just in Spain.

I´ve just joined the forum so I´ll say hi everybody!

The main reason for the difference in the cost of servicing here is that the Spanish main dealers hourly rates are typically around 60% cheaper than UK ones - obviously that makes a huge difference to the bottom line!

Yes the first service is after 2 years - as I found out to my bank account's pleasure when I dutifully tried to book the first service on my 15 plate Ducato. I have had the instrument cluster lighting upgraded for free as well. Happy days :-D

Archived