Motorhome Wheels fitments

chris sanders

Chris Sanders is one of the directors of Tyremen Limited.

I’m not sure if the Out&AboutLive forums carry a stated Acceptable Use Policy any more (I can’t find one) but Chris’s posting isn’t overt advertising as far as I’m concerned.

(I note that the “WWW” button on Chris’s posting doesn’t function.

It should link to https://www.tyremen.co.uk/

but ‘tries' to link to http://https://www.tyremen.co.uk/

which won’t work.

Chris may wish to edit his Profile via the Forum Control Panel to correct this.)

Well, just on the subject of Motorhome wheels/tyres let me pose this question.

Now that many converters are not including spare wheels as standard fitment (weight or cost saving?) would it be sensible to have the tyres filled with the liquid puncture sealant? What, if any, are the downsides and what, if any, are the positives?

I know the sealant would be of zero value in the event of a blowout and in my case this would require calling roadside assistance but, in short, is it worth going to those lengths to avoid the possibility of having to do so for a puncture?

David

But he really should proof read his blog before posting...

Fancy a spot of lounging about in your Peugeot...

"Looking for wheel to suite your particular Peugeot Boxer..."

And I always thought mowing the lawn was a 'Royal' job...

" The bugbear of taking your lawnmower out of the garage only to find you have a puncture, added to that you have the difficulty of removing the wheel to find a tiny little throne has caused..."

And finally for now, a bet these are a bit of a pig to handle...

"Vredestein Sowtrac 5. The best solution for driving in winter conditions."

My amusement for the morning :D

Keith.

david lloyd - 2016-06-10 7:55 AM

Well, just on the subject of Motorhome wheels/tyres let me pose this question.

Now that many converters are not including spare wheels as standard fitment (weight or cost saving?) would it be sensible to have the tyres filled with the liquid puncture sealant? What, if any, are the downsides and what, if any, are the positives?

I know the sealant would be of zero value in the event of a blowout and in my case this would require calling roadside assistance but, in short, is it worth going to those lengths to avoid the possibility of having to do so for a puncture?

David

I'd be concerned about the possibility of getting a puncture without knowing it, and driving for possibly thousands of miles on what is meant to be only a temporary repair.

I don't know whether this is a fact or not, but when I looked at putting a sealant in my bike tyres I read that if the bike isn't used regularly the sealant will "settle" and won't work properly.

I don't know what the relevant time frame is, but if this is true and also applies to the tyre sealant used in vehicle tyres then anyone who only uses their motorhome infrequently over the winter should exercise caution.

Would be interested in views as to whether this is correct or not.

Peter

We had the puncture proof filler in our van. Had no problems with it, and our van stands around for long periods. Have since had 4 new tyres, so not got it now.

We where told the The Post Office use it there vans, but of course they are used daily!!

PJay

No mention of Renault Master motorhomes like mine. I have Alloys fitted anyway.

If he wants to generate interest, he could supply information on High Pressure Tyre Valves for various vehicles. He might not sell many Alloy wheels but he should get regular business for replacement Tyre Valves.

Archived